The Mayor is in Chicago

I sat across the row from our Mayor Luke Ravenstahl on my flight this morning to chicago

ive known him since little league so we had a quick chat.

annnnnd thats about it

kbye

awesome… my day is complete!!!

:gives:

did you ask him why he isnt bending over backwards to keep the Pens here

no i didnt

awesome… that actually did make my day :bowrofl:

ez u will make bobby :crying:

his responsibility is to the 335,000 people who live within the city limits, not to the Penguins fans in the suburbs who clamor for a $200 million arena.

did you ask him if he could buy your plane ticket with that extra cash he’s getting in his pocket for screwing the Penguins?

LOL… get real please…

this is off topic but it also not a penguins thread…

so we give the Steelers and Pirates new stadiums but the Penguins get nothing, and why are Penguin fans only in the Suburbs?

:stick: :stick: :stick: :stick: :stick: :stick:

1: You might be too young to remember, but the public voted AGAINST publicly funding those two new stadiums.

2: The Steelers and Pirates are both IN THE BLACK.

3: The Steelers’ and Pirates’ leagues haven’t cancelled an entire season recently.

we are eventually going to get a new arena anyway. Its ridiculous, the pens are only planned to use it for like 30 percent of its usuage. there are suppose to be 200 some events at it in a year. It will bring in a lot of money for the city. not just keep hockey in the town.

Exactly, the arena is used for more than just Penguins games, although thats the main reason im for it, but the circus, globetrotters, that Cirque du soli crap whatever it is, and alot of other things go on at the arena… we built 2 new stadiums and a Convention Center, its not right that the Pens might get shafted, even if they are voted against by the “public” they were built neways wernt they. and the state doesnt help all they had to do was approve the slot license for the guy who was gonna build the arena, but that didnt happen either. and people wonder why nobody wants to buy the team and keep them here, its because the arena is outdated. You noticed how the Pirates suck but PNC park was built and they were sellin out almost every game. The Pens are alot better than the Pirates, they dont have a new arena and almost sell out every game now, imagine what they would bring in with a new arena

assuming the NHL still exists when it’s built.

this thread isn’t about the penguins!!!

I really miss your exorbinant proclamations regarding the NHL/Penguins/Hockey in general. It makes me realize when to be quiet when I know absolutely nothing about the issue that people are discussion regarding current issues that not only effect sports fans, but the city, county, and region in general.

But please, stay on your high horse with your 8-8 Steelers :kekegay:

:love:

this thread is not about the pens

this is thread IS about the pens

bobby is a pussy for not askin about the pens, you prob were tellin him how cute he is

So how about the business owners in the city of Pittsburgh? I’m sure none of the owners or workers at restaurants, bars, or parking lots will care that an attraction that brings in 16,000+ people for 40+ nights a year is no longer in town. Not to mention the tax revenues connected to ticket prices alone that bring money into the city of Pittsburgh.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_487604.html