The Mayor is in Chicago

can i have yours or the mayors autograph?

im soo excited\

I can’t say I know ten people that want the pens to stay. They all want a bigger arena, but no one I know wants the pens.

i say build the arena just for when the monster jam comes around .

It already does. What rock do you live under???

That’s because you live in Connellsville. If it didn’t say it, I would of guessed it by your spelling.

Anyways, how about if we tell you the NRA will come back if we build the arena? Or are you more worried about if they are going to build a Cabela’s near you?

Dont need a Cabela’s when I have more small arms than a small central american army. Why don’t you stop by some day and I’ll give ya the close up view of a Smith 500???

[QUOTE=Bravada 442;505397]That’s because you live in Connellsville. If it didn’t say it, I would of guessed it by your spelling.

:rofl:

Better than Tarrs:stick:

While your there can you give this to Greg:

:itr41:

http://photos-643.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v56/247/22/26110138/n26110138_30819643_289.jpg

Why does anyone really care if the pens go? I think people just need shit to bitch about, and its not baseball season, and if there is no hockey, then we cant bitch about something during the winter monthes. For the past 14 years everyone has done nothing but complain about how crappy the pens are, no one cared when there wasn’t a hockey season here for a year, but now that they are probably packing up and moving, everyone is up in arms about it…i say screw’em, let another city bitch about how crappy they are. Its not like they are anything to brag about…same as I could care less if the Pirates would go anywhere. This city would be over it in a month if they left.

Yeah, but see, the Pens have made more progress in the past 3 years than the Pirates have in the past 15. Name the last championship between the two? Or how about, the last winning season?

No matter how you spin it, there is a large and faithful fan base behind the Penguins here, in Pittsburgh. Larger than the Pirates. If there was a team to be moved based on least fan base behind the team, it would EASILY be the Pirates.

I think its more then just looking at them as a sports team, sure they arent winning the stanley cup every year, but they are doing very well this year. Who knows if they will not be play off contenders in a few years (im sure all the fair weather fans will love them then) But you need to understand that without the pens, we are losing a huge amount in tax revenue if they go, and that will have to be made up for some how (higher taxes, cut backs, amoung others) Its in the best interest of the city to keep them here. Thats why everyone is complaining.

But then again, what would you care, you dont even live in the city of pittsburgh.

this thread is not about the penguins

Just a guess but I’m sure demographics plays a huge role here. Hockey has a smaller, mostly white fan base. Football and basketball appeals to both white and black. If the city wanted to make more money, they would drop the pens and get an NBA franchise. It would produce a much wider fan base, more merchandise sales, not just the same dwindling fan base year after year.
More kids have access to basketball courts than hockey rinks to practice and emulate their favorite team or player. Basketball would also be a much cheaper sport to play adding to the larger fan base.
An NBA franchise, with the larger base, could easily afford its own arena.
Like I said …just a guess.

bitter much??? I will be sure to display my high horse when hockey no longer exists in pittsburgh… i said nothing about the steelers or what’s better or what we should do about the penguins blah blah blah…

you guys are the ones that drag hockey into every thread on this site… don’t be mad as us that are simply pointing out the facts that the penguins lost hope in this city and don’t feel the fans deserve them to stay, so they’re walking away to another city that actually cares if they are there.

i like the pens but thats :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

STFU

truth

how do you figure? basketball is gay

yeah, i try to stay out of downtown as mush as possible. I used to work at Mellon back in 00/01 and I was working to pay for parking pretty much. Having $180 come out of your paycheck every two weeks for parking is a little ridiculous. I dont know what its like now, but parking at the garage next to the Mellon Client Service Center was $18 a day, it was cheaper to parking in a no parking zone and just get a parking ticket everyday.