About the Pens moving.....

read anything about what Lemieux said. its on nhl.com, postgazette.com, pens site etc? it depressing. i wont be able to handle them leaving. how do the pirates get a sweet stadium that gets used for nothing but baseball for the most part and we cant get a multi-purpose arena for the Pens to play in. this sux

because hockey didn’t exist in the US last year.

but in reality, the stadiums were a poor decision with no turning back… now maybe the city is smart enough to realize that we don’t have enough fucking money to even plow city streets or salt sidewalks so why should be build an arena?

maybe if a company would step up and fund the arena we’d be ok… but being that the pen’s don’t expect to put any money into it, fuck’em.

Now I know this can’t be said for the pirates but the I think Heinz Field was worth it for the Steelers. They are a good if not great team that packs the stadium week in and week out. That cannot be said for the pirates or the penguins how ever so I don’t see the justification of giving them a new stadium

sorry to hear that

keep flury down in baby pens, soo u dont have to give him his 3 million bouns, and put that towards a new staduim…

yes steelers could have gotten a new stadium, pirates no. they could have kept 3 rivers for the pirates,

another note, the field for the steelers is horrible, no pro field should look like a pile of complete shit!

its and easy equation. steelers = income, steelers didnt want new stadium unless it was only for football. there fore we had to build a new baseball stadium. penguins SUCK so why would we build them a hot dog stand for the parking lot, let alone a new arena. and that arena is still plenty big enough for indoor concerts, so no need to change that. they can leave for all i care. win a game = win the right for a new stadium.

agreed, although highschool games/ college games dont help that fact either.

and so we can lose the rest of the games for sure

yes, i mean 4 highschool games in 1 day will kill a field, for there is no time to condition it!

should have put in artical grass, that shit is amazing to play on!

not like the pens are going to win the cup

besides he has 2 wins, 4 losses and 1 ot lose right?

ok, notice how i didnt mention steelers at all in my post. its obvious why they got one. as far as pirates, i dont see what is ok for them toget one. i can see the steelers wanting their own, which is fine, and i dont mind pirates getting one cause it brought ppl in to see and etc. but why not the pens? mellon is so old and shitty, i hate that place. nothing ever comes there anymore. its not even capable of supporting most of the new stage set-ups for concerts. a new arena isnt a negative. and the pens winning right now doesnt figure into it at all. we , right now, are the most publicised team in the league. we have some of the best attentdence overall and the biggest increase in the league, so record doesnt mean shit.

any where around heinz field was clear yesterday. steelers > pittsburgh residents.

the pirates has 81 home games from april to october, host the annual city game between pitt and duquesne, host wpial and city league championships, host mayors cup colt league championship, two concerts this year, many many events in our homeplate club and club level. its not just the field that gets used. i’m not defending the pirates need for a stadium (mike) just stating what the facts about PNC park are.

the pirates having games from april to october genrate a lot of revenue for the city. the all star game will bring in an estimated 50 million. since it much more a business than a sport u have to look at what they make for the city rather than how they do on the field… like quik says “don’t hate the player hate the game”

heinz is good for the steelers but even with pitt and HS football the actaully sports events the field is used for is about half of what PNC is. the fact the steelers have 8 home games and pirates have 81 is the simple theory of supply and demand that fills heinz every week and leaves PNC not filled more often than not.

since he was recalled the 2nd time hes given us the best chance to win. none of those losses were his fault except maybe his first game back. but even then only 1 (maybe 2) goals were soft. plus the fans want to se him. i would think attendence would drop if we continued to lose and didnt have him. atleast with him there the fans r content (to an extent) with seeing him play.

that place has over 100 days booked of concerts/circus/motocross/etc. a year, yes it has a lot, bon jovi just played a sold out concert(i think it was sold out) there, plenty of concerts and other things are there,

chill out somkey just cause i quoted 1 thing u said doesnt mean all of my post was about what u said, i was talking about the steelers and pirates in general, not to what u said

its not the steelers stadium anyway, its the citys. the deal got done because pitt jumped on board. the city wasn’t gonna do it until pitt got in. the deal was the steelers use the southside pahcilties and pitt plays in heinz. I still think heinz blows for football. heinz was built cause of big money in the corportate world. 3 rivers was ass for baseball(as was riverfront, veterans, busch) but was awesome for football. if 3 rivers was converted for football only more seats could have been added as well as grass but it was only about the luxury suits. baseball more so than football had no business on turf.

i konw i watched those games, we need some better defense, the reasons why attendence is up is b/c hockey came back this year after being off a year, and we got the number 1 overal pick, crosby. its only a matter of time since the team started to lose that attendence for the pens is going to go down

flurys 3 mill towards a new arena would be nice!

loved football games at 3 rivers!!! soo much louder in that closed off stadium, and the metal floors to the pull out sectoin, man that place could get loud as shit!

I thought I read that when a concert comes to pittsburgh, the promoter has to use union labor for the set-up, and that is one of the contributing factors to being left out of some of the better concerts that may choose the Arena as a venue. So a new arena wouldn’t really help much there.

exactly it was a football stadium, it wasn’t supposed to be a pretty piece of arcitecture. it was steelers football. $$$$ > 3 rivers. heinz is all about the amenities, 3 rivers was about about that 120 x53 yard piece of green carpet. baseball’s different because not every field is the same dimentions, the stadium is more part of it. the fields are supposed to be beautiful green grass where football is a messy game, its gets slopped up in the winter.

i hope in the next few years they do sometihng with the field at heinz

honestly I bet if we compared revenue of Hienz field to mellon arena it would be a land slide for mellon.

what there are 22 or so events held at hienz field a year lol. mellon has no only 40 hockey games but concerts, arena cross, basket ball, etc there too. sorry mellon makes more money than hienz and the steelers are not even that good. they are goin to get into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth this year and had one fluke year last year where everyone and their mother knew they weren’t goin to the super bowl. the pens on the other hand won the last championship this city ever saw, have more name recognition player wise than the steelers and pirates combined, have a better upper managment group and no fear of mid season trades of big names to pull them into the playoffs. once the steelers start to lose they continue too when the pens on the other hand won both of their stanley cups with less than steller mid season records and poured it on in the end with help from big trades.