Find me rims for my M

If it were me, id go with that OEM wheel HangYourCross posted.
But since you like the flashy bling factor (not an M, but you get the ide)

Ilya, do you want people thinking you’re black?

Look at more like +30 - +20. What size tires are on that one you just posted? You gonna roll the fenders?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-INFINITI-NISSAN-WHEELS-RIM-G35-G37-M35-M45-350Z-370Z-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb2637ff3QQitemZ260690903027QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Vossen makes nice wheels (I like the VSS-085) but they are BANK and for a DD I’m not willing to spend $5k on a tire/wheel combo. I’m trying to keep it to around $1,300 or so for rims and $1000 for tires. Or less.

:rofl

My fenders are rolled from the factory (no lips on the inside).

Which one are you referring to.

Here is the thread I’m getting all these pics from:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=192695

Almost everyone in that thread there is running +35 or more. +20 would be way out would it not? I’m not looking for the look that deadbeat posted earlier (car with no bumper). That’s an ugly look for a car like this.

People in this thread will say those are ugly. :lol

offset is dependent on width…

[quote=Ilya;756974]Vossen makes nice wheels (I like the VSS-085) but they are BANK and for a DD I’m not willing to spend $5k on a tire/wheel combo. I’m trying to keep it to around $1,300 or so for rims and $1000 for tires. Or less.

If you are thinking of vossen let me know. One of my team is head of marketing for them.

If you are thinking of vossen let me know. One of my team is head of marketing for them.[/QUOTE]

In an ideal world, I’d get these if they weren’t so expensive (I’d be willing to pay a little over my budget for them cause I think they are AMAZING looking). They are the Vossen VVS085.

If you can get me a price quote on 20x10.5 +45 or 20x9 +38 (5x114.3 bolt pattern), I’d appreciate it:

As previously posted in this thread (which people said they looked ugly)…this guys is running:

>> 20x9, +38mm offset on the front running 255/35R20
>> 20x10.5, +45mm offset on the rear running 285/30R20

:wow:wow:wow

god you suck at picking wheels :rofl

I’m glad you think so fatty. All I asked for was more about a good offset to pick and less about which look (at least from my post yesterday and posts today as it’s been a few months since this thread was lasted posted in - I have a look in mind and don’t need help picking out style of wheel) and judging by the posts on other forums, it is NOT +20 (why the hell would someone recommend +20 when those pics above are all OVER 40 and they are almost all flush). I don’t know why you people are so enamored with tires sticking out 5 inches, but that is not my style. I am NOT going VIP or slamming the car or any of that other stuff. I just want a nice flush looking (doesn’t even have to be exactly flush) setup and that’s it. When I asked for final thoughts and if it looked good, I was referring to the ‘flushness’ and fitment of those wheels posted in this mornings post, not the actual wheels themselves. Evidently that is too much to ask and I suck at this. So be it. Have a good day sir(s).

I’m talking to Audi_Jay and the rest of you can go screw yourselves.

Easy tiger…

Not your first day here, you know how things go.

You have to take the good with the bad.

It’s getting ridiculous. I have 50 opinions flying at me, none of which make any sense and no one can offer me any concrete reason to go +20 when I see ACTUAL/TANGIBLE pictures of cars running +40 that look FINE. Why the HELL would I want my wheels sticking out 2". So I can curb them or damage them? Or so I would look like a chariot from the Roman Empire? :lol

Yet, any offset I mention “sucks” and any wheel I post “sucks”.

F YOU!

:lol

Have you considered buying used wheels? Thats an easy way to get a really nice wheel for pretty cheap. I know there are big/wide wheels for sale all over the place. Wheel whores go through sets quickly lol.

I didnt read any of the previous pages. Whats your OEM width and offset?

I have no problems getting used as long as they are mint (my 5Zigens were previously used on another Maxima), but I’d prefer new cause that’s just how I am. Before I actually commit to buying, I will give the internet a once over for the rim of my choosing to see if I can find it in good shape elsewhere.

As for my OEM specs:

18x8 +47

BTW, since you’re new…my last two posts weren’t directed at you. :lol

lol no worries :wink:

I spend about 80% of my day dealing with wheel fitment. I saw you dont want any poke. How wide are you thinking of going? Depending on the width, a +20 et would put you sitting in about the same position.

Why ask us than, ask your M-buddies.

10" would be the most likely width although I could go with 9" or 9.5". How come I’d need a +20? That’s what I don’t understand? Those guys in the pics above are running +40 with no ‘poke’. How come my car needs +20? That’s what I want to know, but no one is explaining to me why MY car needs +20.

There is far more guys on here with wheels than that forum. Most of that forum is based upon troubleshooting posts.

Also, I’ve been searching for wheels for months. It took me that long to find that thread because it’s not even from the forum I’m on (freshalloys is more geared towards the G and other cars).

If you can explain to me why I need +20 or so, then that’s fine…but so far no one has. They are saying I need it, but why? When others with my exact car are running +40 and it looks good.

10wide with a +20 will sit about the same as 8wude with +40.

for every added inch of width, you lower the offset by 12.5mm if you want it positioned the same.

do you know if those guys that are running 10wide +40 are running spacers?

edit - i typed this ass backwards btw

They were running 10", yes. That’s why I’m not sure why I needed +20 cause +20 on a 10" wide rim would stick WAY out no?