Find me rims for my M

http://www.benhavilland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wheels22-1024x685.jpg

that, but red rims with whitewalls!

I have some nice 18’s for you! 18x7.5 +38 and 18x8.5 +35!!!

:lol

:rofl

Okay folks. It’s almost spring time and I’m starting to give this wheel business some real thought.

I came across this thread and learned a LOT about what my car can handle specs wise, etc.

Here is my plan:

Suspension: Car will be lowered in a month or so about 2" after settling (manufacturer says it’s 1.2" but guys are saying it’s closer to 2")
Wheels: MRR GT-1 from ElementWheels.com
Wheel Size: 20x10 +43 all around
Tires: Continental ExtremeContact DW
Tire Size: 255/35/20 all around

Here are the wheels I’m planning on getting:

The reason why I am not going with the 19" OEM Sports is because they are +50 offset which is even more sunken in than my 18" OEM’s. I’d need spacers and I do NOT want spacers. My 18’s are +47. If I got the 19’s…once I lower, it will look like this:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj363/advancespeed/M35%20on%20Eibachs/09-23-10007.jpg

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj363/advancespeed/M35%20on%20Eibachs/09-23-10001.jpg

So obviously, that looks like crap.

Now, the reason why I am going +43 offset on the MRR’s (instead of the +25 mentioned on page 8) is because of these examples:

JIC coilovers at around a 1.5 drop in front and 1.25 rear

Work Varianza T1s wheels diamond cut
fronts 20x8.5 high disc (for BBK clearance) +40 offset
rears 20x10 low disc +45 offset
Front tires 245/35/20
rears 275/30/20

Modular Society District
20x8.5 38MM
20x10 41MM
Eibach Springs

This, all in all, will cost me:

Tires - $900
Wheels - $1,196
Other - ~$50 for mounting and balancing

Fits my budget perfectly.

Solid plan? Looks good? Let me know your final thoughts.

Not a fan of the first set but second is pretty decent. Downside to a monoblock rim is that they are not that strong. If you hit a decent pothole say hello to bent rim. I would honestly try to find a decent 3 piece set that is used if i was you.

Bnz is right you have to keep the tires same size with an awd car but can be a staggerred offset front and back.

I actually don’t mind the first set, and with that said, I don’t even like mesh style wheels.

It’s the same rim guys. Just different cars.

I had a ‘monoblock’ set on my Maxima (5Zigen FN01R-C) for a good 1.5years and went all over the east coast (including NYC and Brooklyn’s crappy roads), hit some pot holes (a couple REALLY bad ones such as the ones on 287? when you leave battery tunnel in NYC going into Brooklyn) and never had a problem. Yes it’s a 35 sidewall, but I’m generally pretty good at spotting and reacting to road issues as I’m used to dodging even the smallest potholes cause I loved my Maxima and now my M that much :lol.

I was inquiring more about the offset choice than the wheel choice. That’s what I meant by “looks good?” Is the fitment of a +41/+43 wheel good? :lol

I think it looks ok, wheels arent bad either. I would probably go for a lower offset, around 20 or so.

Wouldn’t that stick WAY out? I mean 41 is at the fender…I’d have to get a 8.5 wheel then no? Which would give the same look…no?

do not like the first ones but the second ones are ok.

these are by farrrrrrrrrrrr thes sexiest wheel on that car. they are clean, ballin and not ghetto. look stock too. love them!

The first set are definitely not the same offset and/or width. Just saying.

$50 for mounting and balancing? :rofl

I cant really tell from the pictures, they all suck. you need a direct front or back pic, kinda like this :lol

Check out that buschur racing intercooler!!!

Yes, but the selection of 265/35/21 or 255/35/21 tires is TERRIBLE. Literally two options on Tirerack.com.

First three pics were just showing off the rims. NOT the look of +43 (or low 40s rather).

The pictures of the other cars with other wheels on them were to illustrate the approximate look/fitment of a +40something 20x10 wheel on my car.

Walmart is $7.50 a tire, so I can’t imagine Grand Premier would be much more per tire. I paid like $44 after taxes and such last time I had tires put on.

That’s what +20 will look like! lol. See last two pics I posted above for reference on what it looks like.

Okay, evidently nothing I pick is good :lol. WTF guys.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2998/2281/32493640036_large.jpg

You can only look at the rear, people who take these pics are stupid. You cant tell fitment that well!!!

Whatever is in the rear here, I’d add like -10-15mm easily.

Do you have a pic of a 20x10 in the front?

This thread sucks.

No good side shots like you want (like you posted above) but here are a couple more of +38 (after 5mm spacer).

Front of the car in the original post above at 20x8.5 +38:

20x10.5 +45:

Yes it does. 2 pages ago people were saying those MRR’s (and wheels like it - such as the Axis Penta) looked good, now they are saying they suck.

:rofl

I’ll look at wheels between +35 and +43 or so in offset and the rest will be up to me, ya’ll can’t help me make up my mind evidently. :rofl

Oh jeez.