FIOS In Main Street Buffalo, Then Williamsville...

I was talking to one of the Verizon techs today (he came to fix the outside phone line for my DSL) and he said Main street in Buffalo is next for turn up and then Williamsville but they will be implemented simultaneously. Hopefully in the next few months we should start seeing it in the northtowns.

How much is it going to cost? I heard of a package with cable tv and internet for like 60 bucks a month or something?

They are still talking to all the different stations to find out what they are going to offer at what rate for TV, but the foundation will be there so I can’t see it being too much longer.

Yeah, I posted a while back that the trucks were all over my neighborhood running the fiber lines. I passed 6 trucks on my 2 mile drive to work today.

Verizon website says 40 bucks for the regular package, you have to pay additional 15 bucks a month for just HBO though. It wont tell me the price of the internet because its not available yet in my neighborhood.

Internet starts at like 35 a month for 10down/2up i think. This coming from a guy in hamburg.

As far as the TV goes i wish they were doing it a la carte but they probably won’t. Anything has got to be cheaper than TW

ive been seein tons of trucks in the heights

they halfassed west seneca.

Did half of the town, then did some of OP, then stopped with that.

Across union they get fios, here on the west side of union we don’t get it.

Is there a waiting list I can jump on?

any mention of lancaster/depew?

maybe in a year or 5 :meh:

I think after Willyville they will do Amherst and then the smaller areas or go into the city more. Who knows.

oooo goody goody goody

Hurry up Verizon :smiley:

Waiting list? Who do I call?

for christ’s fucking sake I sure as hell hope so.

As far as I know there is no waiting list. Once it’s available, it’s available.

you can sign up at their site, and they will notify you when its available in your area.

rick, this reinforces what i said in the last FIOS thread. i was told we should have it around spring.

I’ll still believe it when I see it :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been dissapointed 2 years past. :frowning:

Yep. There’s been Verizon trucks at the corner of Kenmore and NFB for the last couple of weeks.

and they are still there every morning… whats the eta on me geting fio on heath st in buffalo?

i really need to call verizon… we’ve been able to have cable and interwebs for months now, im just worried about a home phone line aka the ritz hotline.

do you have to have a home phone line through vz and how much is tv/intarwebz/phone all together, tax and all? am i just rambling?