FIOS cost savings?

My house can get FIOS now, and I just cannot seem to convince my parents to switch to it for high speed internet over TW.

They have the Ultimate package through TW, which includes RoadRunner and all of the movie channels.

They are telling me “Once I take the high speed off, I’m going to be paying more. TW is going to increase the TV”

So… instead of just him saying this, has anyone actually switched from TW to FIOS? Can someone post up some numbers?

I can’t find on the TW website anything about pricing (go figure) that reflects his current plan and/or just TV service without high speed internet.

Help me convince him with some actual FACT :slight_smile:

Well when i worked at adelphia they used to discount the cost of the internet not the TV so the difference when you had a package. The cost of switching will prolly be the same if not very close. Just pay them the difference.

Does verizon have TV over FIOS as well? I heard something about that as well…

must be nice to be able to get Fios. But they do offer a TV, Internet, and phone for 1 package. I can’t wait to get it, maybe they will have it in cheektowaga by 2010

Not yet but soon they will and thats when i intend to switch. TW doesn’t stand a chance when that happens uness they cut prices bigtime.

I thought all locations that had FiOS service can get TV with them as well.

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/NationalBundles/NatBundlesHome.aspx#

Home phone, internet, TV, and wireless all for $134

on the FIOS website, it says I can get FIOS TV service. Im in amherst/williamsville.

Their website doesnt mention additional TV costs.

My dad is freaking out at me now cause he wants all the damned answers, and I dont have them. Like I can just pull these numbers out of my ass.

are you new?

cheektowaga has had fios for like a year. i am post from it right now.

I don’t deal with that stuff at all but I do know that through TW they have tv/phone/internet @ 99.99/mo for 12mo. promo going on. (TW has no contract compared to having a contract + isn’t there like a $300 install fee for FiOS?)

Other than that, I have no idea what rates you would be stuck with if you drop Internet through TW. If you call in they can answer all that through the billing department, which I am not.

Jeff pm the # it’s under and I can look it up for you.

theres no install fee for FiOS. The tv service is not available anywhere in buffalo. activate through me and get an additional $50 rebate

No TV in buffalo till next year sometime.

BAsically. And until TV is truly available (and not that sattelite crap), switching is pointless, especially if you have the ultimate TW package (I do too). Sit back and wait.

unless you want rediculous internet

I’m trying to do the math… and I as well have the ultimate package with all the channels.

$175.27 is what the ultimate package with 2 standard receivers and a DVR receiver costs per month. Then, $55/month for the home phone (normal… not VOIP)

I am trying to figure out how much the FIOS with phone will cost, and paying TW for the same channels as Ultimate, minus the RoadRunner.

The websites don’t help much with fees, and additional charges, so I’m sitting here with no idea.

not where we are…

yah my FioS kinda sucks…it cuts out when they work on it so I will sometimes randomly have internet on and off for a day or so which is really frustrating.

The customer service blows nuts, you call and get India…Nice.
Aw hoow can I hewp woo sir?
me-WTF did you just say?
Wat id your problom?
me-forget it…click

My parents jump onto the bandwagon asap, and we got the Dish and FioS.

When its working its great.

When you need it and its acting gay, I want to punch a baby with a kitten.

/rant

lol my name is Bob ahaha i love when they try to use American names. Bunch of idiots.

Jeff, get ahold of me, I am sure I can help out with some stuff.

do you NEED the speed difference (depending on what pkg u are looking at)?

do you NEED reliable tv? dish…buffalo… winter… … u on roof … house surrounded by tall trees?

i’d jump on fios in a heartbeat… because i only have 3Mb now… and 20Mb gives me wood… but that’s me.