Verizon FIOS TV To Get 150 HD Channels by '08 End

This is not really relevant to us here in WNY but once FIOS TV becomes available it looks as if it will be pretty competative with DirecTV, Dish and TW.

First things first, we don’t even have FIOS Internet everywhere much less TV.

Fios is available at my house now. Got the door hanger 2 days ago.

69.99/month for 20 down 5 up + unlimited domestic phone. 2 year agreement.

Even more interesting was the little flyer had info about FIOS TV, so I’m guessing it’s coming soon.

39 a month without the lame phone

yay. From what ive read fios tv is awesome.

the “hub” or whatever for the tv will be in buffalo, instead of syracuse. :tup:

You got any hookups for new people?

Pretty sure my contract is up with Cingular so I could package high speed, home phone, and cell.

[quote=“JayS,post:2,topic:37992"”]

Fios is available at my house now. Got the door hanger 2 days ago.

69.99/month for 20 down 5 up + unlimited domestic phone. 2 year agreement.

Even more interesting was the little flyer had info about FIOS TV, so I’m guessing it’s coming soon.

[/quote]

when they did my install the guy said they are shooting for sometime in 08 to start rolling out tv/cable.

[quote=“JayS,post:5,topic:37992"”]

You got any hookups for new people?

Pretty sure my contract is up with Cingular so I could package high speed, home phone, and cell.

[/quote]

i can activate the cell and fios, seperately

then we gotta call landline to have them put it on one bill. I would then suggest a digital phone service for home (i’m not familiar with any offerings from vz landline, but i would assume the offer something)

i take that back. my data rep just came in, i can sell the phone + fios packs starting at 74.99

unlimited domestic calling with canada and peurto rico with call id and call waiting, and 20/5 fios.

up it to 20/20 fios and its $90

thats with a 1 year

do a 2 year and you save $5 over those prices

both have 1 time act fees of $20, and free install right now

That’s exactly what they offered on the flyer in my neighborhood, plus a free digital camcorder (probably the shittiest one known to man).

So they aren’t offering any other discounts if you add a cell plan with that. Pretty stupid on Verizon’s part. Package deals are where the big bucks are and it makes retention so much easier since people don’t want to deal with breaking everything up when they leave.

[quote=“JayS,post:9,topic:37992"”]

That’s exactly what they offered on the flyer in my neighborhood, plus a free digital camcorder (probably the shittiest one known to man).

So they aren’t offering any other discounts if you add a cell plan with that. Pretty stupid on Verizon’s part. Package deals are where the big bucks are and it makes retention so much easier since people don’t want to deal with breaking everything up when they leave.

[/quote]

yea, i hear ya. im sure they can put it all on one bill, and they might even discount it further. i kinda doubt it, but ive got nothing to confirm one way or the other till we try it.

then if you have direct tv you can put that on the bill too. (then when one thing messes up its even more fun to fix! lol)

Wonder when FIOS will ever make it to the dirty south.

get phone lines ran to the trailer and you should be set walter.

JayS you are teh big ghey sux0r. I called Jeff about getting FIOS at my house since you are about 2 miles from where I live but it’s not in my area yet. Fag.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:13,topic:37992"”]

JayS you are teh big ghey sux0r. I called Jeff about getting FIOS at my house since you are about 2 miles from where I live but it’s not in my area yet. Fag.

[/quote]

it’s 2 blocks from me and I can’t get it…anyone served out of the williamsville office isn’t on it yet :gay:

uuggghhhh I want now, Adelphia Warner blows

[quote=“BuickGN,post:12,topic:37992"”]

get phone lines ran to the trailer and you should be set walter.

[/quote]

That NYS education is failing you pretty hardcore.

google says no time soon though

[quote=“Joe,post:14,topic:37992"”]

it’s 2 blocks from me and I can’t get it…anyone served out of the williamsville office isn’t on it yet :gay:

[/quote]

I say until WE get it, Jay cannot use the intraweb. That seems to be a fair trade-off.

matt, i figured you would have it already. does anyone on the amherst side of the 90 have it, or is that the current cut off?