Verizon FiOS deals?

Is there a better deal or anything on FiOS out there?

I just feel I am getting ripped off on this setup… $20 for an HD DVR???

I guess I’ve always been spoiled as I’ve never had to pay for cable even after leaving TWC cable/internet was inclusive but now that I am moving to a new apt I can get FiOS…

Wow all those equipment rental charges are total bullshit.

Time warner is 7 bucks for a HD box, I’m not sure what a tivo is for time warner, because I don’t use it.

And hat is without tax and shit right? I pay ~$179.00 for showtime and Hbo with two DVR boxes and one regular HD box( Time warner though), I thought i was getting ripped off but it doesnt seem like your two far behind. I thought they had a plan for 79.99 for the first 6 months then 129.99 for the rest of the two year deal?

Yea, but your service won’t suck.

What an amazing concept, it may cost more, for non-shitty service.

Guess what, you’ll pay more for a BMW lease than a Honda…

:shrug:

You’re paying for convienience with that Home Media DVR box. Only problem is any show recorded in HD can’t be streamed in HD to the other HD box You can only share it in SD. So it is some what pointless.

Why bother with the Movies option also? With the speed and reliability of fios you should be able to download movies quick enough and some how stream to your tv’s.

Touche. I just thought the box fee’s were a little ridiculous.

Yeah no tax, etc.

The movies package included Starz and Showtime and a bunch of others. Given the only show on Showtime I watch is Dexter and I do currently download it as I don’t currently have Showtime. I like Starz though… (maybe I’ll cut it out)

Is there incentives for going in store like free dvr, or free HBO or shit like that?

Not that i know of. When i signed up the deal was $100 cashback after 15days or something like that, I beleive free tv for 6 months and $5 off my bill for one year.

I only have the 20/5 package with extreme hd, one hd dvr box and one hd box. My bill has gradually gone from 60 something the first 6 months to 107.

Ended up going to the store and got a deal for 124.97/mo. with $150 cash back.

I was really excited about Fios for quite some time, I waited years to get it.

Now its being installed on my street, and they put ads all over my mailbox wanting me to switch, and I don’t think I will.

I currently pay 96 bucks per month including all fees for time warner with free HD, and an extra room regular cable, and roadrunner.

My internet is 10mbps, with the speedboost bullshit. I own my own cable modem. I pay one 7 dollar box charge per month for the HDTV receiver.

Going to verizon would mean I would have to upgrade to the HD Extreme Tier, and my charge for 2 boxes plus internet plus television would be $124.96 per month.

I didn’t see any Canadian channels in the verizon lineup (hockey night in canada). Also I did not see MSG in HD.

So its more money for more channels, and more box fees…

Not worth it to me, I barely watch television anyways. My girlfriend only watches the free on demand stuff from Time Warner anyways. Does verizon offer free on demand network shows and other cable shows?

If verizon was more aggressive with the price, I think more people would have bought into it, but so far only one person on my street ordered their service. They put a “service installed here” flag on the front lawn…

Going to FIOS, their basic package only includes HD Network TV channels (essentials package). I currently get about 20 HD channels in the free HD tier with Time Warner.

Oh, verizon will give me a $150 gift card for signing up. Thats funny, my time warner cable cancellation fee is $150 dollars, so they pay that also.

I’ll let ya know how it is when I get it Tuesday… I am living on aircard over the weekend since they can’t put a rush install, bastards. Oh how I miss being able to just put in a install whenever I wanted to at TWC… rofl.

Justin - Down here in VA their basic has around 20 HD channels, the Extreme I went with has I believe 123 (which I think is still less than dish but dish wasn’t an option here). Also it does have On Demand network shows.

I’d like to find something cheaper too, I’m paying just under $2 billz for TW HD, HBO & SHO, 2 boxes (one HD), RR internet, and phone…

i dont understand y people still get movie channels. and holy shit lol i pay 200 also but thats direct tv, RR internet, and 2 cell phones.

About the same for the cable card lease fee + SDV tuner (I believe they give the SDV tuners to TivoHD/HDXL/S3 users with the cable cards no extra charge)

So wait a freaking minute.

If I got Fios HD Media Center DVR for living room and a HD Reciever for bedroom (42" westie in living room and 32" samsung in bedroom) I can only stream DVR’d shows to the second room in SD?

If so what is the god damn point? Dish Network does that and doesn’t charge as much for insane equipment rental.

So I tried to convince the FiOS installer at my new apartment to install my services this weekend instead of Tuesday, and he lol’d. I knew he couldn’t but was crossing my fingers.

Then tried on the same on Sunday before I headed into the office to watch the games streaming online lol.

just be happy you can get it

It’s been two blocks from my house for 3 years plus. Even if I could get it now, I may just say fuck them out of spite.

i can care less about tv i want the internet

yeah 15/2 from TW is close enough to 20/5 that I could deal though…especially after waiting for the internet on stupid 3MB DSL that went out every time it rained for the past 3 years. I have dish for TV either way.

i have the 3mb dsl never had any problems with it but that might be do to me being so close to the southpark co.

when it becomes available where i live i only want the 15/5 connection