FIOS cost savings?

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:9,topic:39154"”]

are you new?

cheektowaga has had fios for like a year. i am post from it right now.

[/quote]

nope not new but no Fios by me :shrug:and probably not for a long time. Also im by Harlem and William.

What does it say in the contract about accidental cutting of the fios? Thats some big bucks for them to run it from the pole to the home, I’ve heard $3k…

How is the pricing out of the contract? I’ve heard alot of people in OP are coming out of their contracts and dumping it.

How far are the dates if your fios goes out? TW offers same day if your internet, phone or cable go out.

FWIW, I’ve heard horror stories of Verizon’s customer service when it comes to their home services (internet, tv, phone), such as them not showing up for multiple home appointments, etc. Although, I have no personal experience with them other than for my cell (which has been fine).

As for internet service I’ve noticed that people expect perfection. Whether this is a reasonable expectation, well I suppose that’s up for debate.

i just came in here to mention that verizon LANDLINE is seperate from WIRELESS.

any idea when verizon TV is coming to the buffalo area?

Did they roll it out in other markets yet?

[quote=“JustinH,post:25,topic:39154"”]

any idea when verizon TV is coming to the buffalo area?

Did they roll it out in other markets yet?

[/quote]

As soon as this happens, it will be in Buffalo:

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/202082.html

My guess is another year. Or two. Or three or four. Maybe five. Possibly six.

[quote=“evolve,post:24,topic:39154"”]

i just came in here to mention that verizon LANDLINE is seperate from WIRELESS.

[/quote]

I was wondering that. My wireless customer service has always been good, so I was surprised to hear what I did about their landline stuff.

Shrug.

As for TW, I really have no complaints, other than their lack of HD channels.