Fios

http://www22.verizon.com/FiosForHome/channels/Fios/HighSpeedInternetForHome.asp?LOBCode=C&PromoTCode=FIOhp&PromoSrcCode=L&POEId=TL1HP

Discuss.

sucks

Very fast tested it today at work got 29.81 meg down speeds … leaving the slowest link the OLT box on the outside of your house :naughty: . Great service and not just cause I installed all the hardware hahaha

I’d have to say I like it as well :mullet:

Are you a splicer or a FiOS tech?

I am a splicer out of the Washington garage.

i will get it when it comes to me… i need high speed I could essentially run mirrors of pittspeed… it could be pretty fatty

I am not a splicer … My title is a Switching Equipment Tech… but its also in a seperate group called COEI … or Central Office Equipment Installation. The groups sole perpose is to rid verizon of outside groups for install work. We are currently focused on the FIOS or FTTP project for all eastern PA and some WV.

Whitey, what area are you in? I don’t know what the plans for FiOS deployment are, but I can tell you where I worked. One of the areas is already lit up and gaining customers rapidly. Most of the customers I talked to are very happy with the internet speed at 5 Mbps and everyone comments about how clear the telephone calls are.

SlowCivic, it is nice to talk to someone that is involved in the same historical project. FTTP IS the network of the future and I cannot wait until we(Verizon) offers video/television services.

I can only hope that we put fiber in Elizabeth. :x:

I believe that elizabeth is on the 2006 build … :blue:

not avaliable in belle vernon yet

i am in the imperial area. we will probably never get it, my hope is for Ether over copper first

Me too! :hitit: and i’m not doing a fuckin thing on friday if you take the day off :eek4dance

actually verizon signed some sort of city agreement type deal that stated that they will get the outer area’s without any broadband … the broadband service before any other groups could. So you may see it in the near future. Most likely by Jan but I could be wrong things either go fast or damn slow at verizon hahaha

They were installing it in Smort’s neighborhood last night. whole lotta messcans

it tooks us years to get DSL… Comcast already said that their higher speed service will be coming to our neighborhood by the end of the year

Verizon has been up to something in my circle…both Verizon H2’s and some trucks have been around for the past couple weeks, looks like they’re going to tear up the bottom of our driveway to lay some lines but last time I checked we still can’t even get DSL. Comcast owns our plan, for now :naughty:

you may want to ask hero since he pays attention to useless info, but i believe glenshaw may be on the list in the north, h2’s??? i don’t know anything about that other than possibly engineering

I could have sworn that they came and put fiber in a year or 2 ago?? Maybe im wrong(more then likely) since I dont pay attentio to shit in Eliz the 18 yrs ive lived here lol.

maybe outsourced for a business of some sort, but def. not to the premise

to the premise. Possibly a backbone to the CO downtown.

Glenshaw? We haven’t worked there, but as my colleague grnteg98 pointed out, another crew may have. We have primarily worked south of Pittsburgh, but into the city itself.

Several years ago, many plans of homes had fiber runs pre-installed. My brother in law lives in a plan in cranberry township that has fiber underground, but nobody to light it up.

Verizon has H2s? I want one… :x: Where did you see them?