Fireball Coatings ... smoke your competition

V series and heat dissapation are about the only one’s that differe from the fireball coatings… Still if you want it done right get it done by SWAIN in NY state… About the same price, but a completely different system of coatings… NASA Aerospace level stuff.

Yes, because lotsa hardcore drivers on SON will need that NASA
approved coating. :hsugh:

For the mild driving Happy is going to do, that coating should be fine.

Me personally, I’ll just drill some speed holes to disperse heat better.

Couldn’t have said it better my self…

Ignorant comment… but typical. You don’t understand the concept or the details of the technology so use an obtuse remark to reply with… Take a look at the RANGE and quality of product offered by SWAIN… attempt to understand HOW it’s different , then reply.

Or don’t bother , keep on being as ignorant of your surroundings as you apear want to be… if you prefer the possibility of flakes making thier way into your turbo or maybe from your piston heads or valves then knock yourself out…

[/quote]
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Andrew.

you guys crack me up.

we’ll see whos talking shiznit when dan smokes you all at the track in the spring ;] ;]

no sir, you are on crack. Dans doing an awsome job, his car is a quick little dragger. Dan doesn’t screw around and gets proper parts. The points stated above have nothing to do with whos car is fast, people are advising on what is best. Untill this I was going to get my manifold done by fireball, but since I plan to run the car hard on the track in a year or so I’m not. I’ll get it done by another company or just heat rap it.

Andrew.

Andrew got to it before I did… but tell me how you arrived at the conclusion that I or Andrew were beating on dan or adam or who ever ?? Far as I can tell I was reccomending a very very very well respected and widely used performance coating system. That is fortunately just across the lake. Now, where is this ’ sciznit ’ talk you speak of??

Many FSAE teams use Swain tech coatings. These are comprised of people that most likely know a LOT more than all of you, so I’m gonna put my vote for them.

haha – way to turn another thread to shit guys.

Andrew/BAS, I’m not going to get in to it for a few reasons:

• That comment was hardly directly at either of you
  • Like Dan stated, this thread has already turned to shiznit
  • This sort of stuff should be discussed in PM, I was in the wrong to even post what I have already to begin with. On that note, PM me if you want to discuss it further.

To get “BACK ON TOPIC”.

Dan the parts look great and they’ll look even better under your hood when they are installed.

I can’t wait to see that and hopefully I will in person after it’s done. You never did say what hp level that mani is supposedly rated on. I’m just curious as to what they said it will handle.

Anyway again, looks sweet man.

Take care.

Easy 8)

Can always rely on Bruce to keep it friendly. Good job buddy.

I can’t wait to see that valve cover on the car, it looks hot.

How do you figure?

We are just having a discussion with some very informative facts.

Unless you were only looking for posts like “OH DAN MAN THAT
MANIFOLD LOOKS OH SO JDM HOTNESS BALLER STATUS: MAX”

You were mistanken, because yes It looks good now but what
we were getting at is with some spirited driving it won’t for long.

Can’t take constructive critisism?

HAHA, thanks man. To me it’s just not worth it sometimes. As for the valve cover, well I actually impressed myself with how I did considering I can’t paint for shite. :lol:

Shift - I don’t think Dan minds the constructive critisisum but rather the by product of people’s opinions when it comes to that. As print is dead no one can be sure how comments are ment and as such, we usually take them the wrong way and…boom, another thread bites the dust.

The parts may or may not stay the way they are but no one here will know that untill after he does that “spirited driving”. Untill then like I said they look great, the motor will look hot and I’m sure performance wise Dan will be more then happy(240sx). :wink:

How do you figure?

We are just having a discussion with some very informative facts.

Unless you were only looking for posts like “OH DAN MAN THAT
MANIFOLD LOOKS OH SO JDM HOTNESS BALLER STATUS: MAX”

You were mistanken, because yes It looks good now but what
we were getting at is with some spirited driving it won’t for long.

Can’t take constructive critisism?[/quote]

What was good or factual about anything you and/or anyone else posted in this thread?

Was it the fact you and the other “high” horsepower guys have EGT’s too high to hold this stuff? If that is the case, what power are you making and what are your EGT’s? And don’t come with your “325 tq” figure cause that was on a boost spike.

Or perhaps it was the fact I don’t drive my car “hard enough” and as a result I won’t burn off the coating. Well, if the truth be told, the coating I chose was a calculated risk based on my max EGT of around 1300 degrees and the word of Mark at Fireball. And since when do EGT’s rise based on how hard you drive a car. Surely they are more a function of tuning?

Or perhaps it was Varun adding in about his coating, with no real information or discussion?

Or BAS chiming in about SWAIN and their military spec coatings, with no real information or discussion.

I’m not trying to bash anyone here, but the fact of the matter is this thread was just inteded to show people what Fireball is all about and that should they be interested, should they wish the learn and formulate their own opinion, they could check out the site and contact Mark for SON discounts and pricing.

Nicely put.

Next step to improving this thread would be Varun and BAS posting some good info about SWAIN and GP.

Like i said before, GP did a great job on my manifold…many ppl saw it, no cracks nothing. The shiney " esthetic " coat flaked a lil, but the 6 coats inside and out didnt budge at all. …this manifold took major abuse, everyone who knows the car has seen how much i love to race…

dan- take no offense to my comments bro, ure stuff looks awesome and i know it will work, im just adding a lil bit of info here based on what i know and what i have experienced…im not here to start shit, just add info thats all…there is no right or wrong in this conversation…its alll personal needs and preferences thats all…

FACT… a stochiometric reaction is the SAME heat regardless of the type of piston engine it is… it’s a ‘constant’… 1.0 Lambda is a fixed number +/- will change that constant to be cooler…

FACT… I’m not going to repeat what SWAIN says on thier websites… go look !!! if you can’t be bothered to look it up then you have no basis for complaints about ’ no information’ beyond the fact that your lazy.

FACT, most coating DO chip and flake, not from heat but from thier material make up. Most coatings do NOT expand, metal , with HEAT does expand… if your header has hot spots that retain more heat then others then that sport will expand more… if you have a stainless header then count on an expansion of over 3-5 times that of mild steel. SWAIN coatings and other high end coatings are a completely different composition. Most are keyed to a specific purpose… ( see if you’d looked at the website instead of blabling away like a dummy, you’d know this part…) Not just a general coating system that will do headers. valve covers and such…

The fact that this company does work and has done work for a long time for NASA… means that they have allot of data and feedback to work with when developing new coatings… not just buy a std coating from X or Y supplier… But you and others see this as a negative thing??

Varun supplied a website for the product… again if your too lazy to inquire or find out for yourself about the product then you have zero to be making any statments about quality or use of any product…

Your not after people forming thier ownopinion… to form an opinon means that you have more then one specific side/point… your telling ‘us’ to stay out of this… thereby removing everyone else’s ability to make an INFORMED OPINION… You final statment really makes it quite clear that you’d rather people check out fireball only and look at thier website. but Not any of the other options presented in this thread… that’s very selfish of you to do that , don’t you think?

I in no way think Fireball is bad… the coatings are great for allot of applications and uses… But i know that thier are much better coatings out there for the specifics like internals, turbos and headers…