Firefox 4 Beta

Does it still leak memory like a sieve?

yea, I forgot about that, its a great feature I never put much thought into since it seems like thats how it should always work.

I’ll use ff4 a few more times then wait for the full release. I submitted a few feedbacks, so hopefully they don’t go unnoticed.

295,000 memory usage with 11 tabs open.

¿que?

Ya it only runs at 50meg normally but if you open tabs it goes up and doesn’t seem to release its memory too fast.

Going from 2 tabs to 11 went from 50meg to 230meg and then closing it all down to 1 only brought it down to 170meg.

Firefox was leet back in the day when IE was bloated and a memory hog

Now it’s the other way around hopefully this fixes that bs

504k ATM with just this tab open decreasing very slowly…Will check back in about 20min.

<EDIT> Sitting at 491k

+1…IE was way less secure too. I rock with Chrome now. Haven’t had many issues with it. I don’t really mess with many add-ons, though.

Not sure if I like Chrome’s updating procedure. I haven’t really dabbled to much in Chrome, even though I’m a google fanboy.

i tried to switch from firefox to chrome, but i just couldnt do it…6 years of using firefox on the same profile keeps me hooked. theres no way ill remember all the passwords/forms, and i dont feel like going through and copying them down.

im gonna give this a shot, not that i have a problem with the current one, i just am curious.

edit: immediately, the only thing im kind of let down on is i was hoping they would copy chrome, in that each tab would be a separate running session, so if it crashed the whole program didnt crash and it would just be that one tab, but oh well. and with 5 tabs open, im at 192mb so im not sure its that much better with ram usage, but it is quicker.

uh, just import them

:picard:

I tried the beta for a day, it crashed on me 3 times and stopped responding numerous other times… meh, I’ll hold off for awhile. Uninstalled for now.

they just released a new beta today…

Ah, then I’ll give it a try

Man, thats such a good idea, if only the import feature worked fully.

i tried that…didnt import half my passwords for certain accounts. Regardless, while some of it i liked, i’m much happier on firefox still.

Ive also had no issues at all with the beta that was out when i posted originally, but im downloading the new one now to see if it is any better

Anyone else have an issue when creating a folder on the bookmark toolbar and placing multiple links in it, it becomes un-viewable? As in it doesn’t drop down when you click it, it just opens a little line with scroll arrows but you can’t even see what links you have in there.