Firestone on george urban

I took my car there to get a alignment since I replaced pretty much all the suspension parts inbetween dropping the motor in. It was pretty bad when I brought it there the toe and camber was way off on both fronts.

I left and came back about an hour later and they were just pulling it in on the rack. Before I knew it (if even 20 mins) they were pulling it off the rack and parking it. They said they were all done and to go pay. Right away I found it odd because everyother time I get an alignment there they go test drive the car around the block to check it. I didnt think too much of it and went to the desk to get the paperwork. Then the 2nd thing I found odd is everyother time they give you papers with the begining and ending camber/toe specs, but I didnt get anything.

So whatever I didnt bitch I had to go. I take the car and notice its still pulling to the right…its was alot better but still pulling. THe wheel was still cocked and later on that day we noticed the front right is obviouslly off still, the wheel is cocked in and the toe is out still.

The next day driving I thought I hear something weird comming from the front of the car…but it was real windy so I couldnt really tell. I pull into our driveway and go to park infront of the garage door. Before I get to in front of the door it sounded like I ran something fairly large over. When I got out of the car I see that my right front splash sheild got ripped off the car and it also took out the bottom fender piece with it. Looking at the splash sheild I can see where the tire was rubbing on it on turns. Granted this car is lowered, but this never happens, nobody on the forums, nobody I know, even the same car but even lower. Im assuming it happened because of a mix of it being lowered and the wheel being so off still.

So i dunno if they did 1/2 of an alignment or what. I bought the lifetime one anyways but it overall takes enough time to do do this shit and I dont get why its not right in the 1st place.

not much point here, just ranting, maybe It’ll save someone from a similar headache.

oh yeah and they failed me on a inspection too…even though its a obd-1 they still did the emissions equip. check??

thats what happens when u have 6 dollar an hour kids work on your car :slight_smile:

sorry for your misfortune, take it to a real garage.

Suburban auto electric is one of the best places in town for an alignment and only 1/4 mile up the road. :gotme:

X…

Never go to Firestone for anything. NEVER.

Do a search for “alignment” in general auto and you fill find plenty of better options than Firestone. Suburban is right up the road from there and they are 40x better.

EDIT: Xander already mentioned Suburban

Suburban

:deadhorse2:

My one bud used to work there for years but left and I just kept going there

I dunno Ive gone there for alignments before w/ no problems

BUT, I didnt seen anyone familar there, I think everyone there is new now, but everyone looked 40+ if I had to estimate

well that sucks, think If i bitch I can get a refund?

…whats suburban charge?

I used to go to Sears at the Eastern Hills mall for alignments and they did a good job. One time their machine was broken and the guy suggested I try Firestone. I told him I’d rather go drive over a curb at 40 mph because it would probably get me closer to aligned and cause less damage than they would.

From what I’ve read here, I’ll be going to Suburban for my next alignment.

I have had similar experiences with them… took my blazer to the one neat the Galleria 4 times and it was still f-d up… Finally got pissed at took it to the one in Hamburg and they straightened it out finally… so it took them 5 tires to get a 1998 Blazer aligned properly…

Never again…

i went to the one on sherdian and blvd last week.It took a couple hours for them to do.Everything seems straight and i havent noticed any problems yet.

I remember when firestone Destroyed one of my family’s cars back in the day. Long stoy short, the put transmission fluid in the brake lines, the calipers seized, other shit happened, and the car started on fire… fun fun. This was back in like 1989.

Anyhow, We got blue book value for that one, take it or leave it. Fast forward 20 years later to today’s sue happy world, we probally would of been paid handsomely to keep our mouths shut.

I’ve been taking my car to the mckinnley mall firestone for alignments. They are pretty good there. I tried to take it to the harlem/walden firestone once and they said my car was too low.

i actually had my car aligned there yesturday and it still feels off. it pulls a little and the steering wheel is not at center when i am driving straight. i was goin to go to the dealer tomorrow

Firestone on the blvd and sheridan does decent work.

They are expensive, but you can negotiate with the guys on price.

They sold me a set of firestone tires, and did an alignment on my saturn, they did a good job.

They wont budge on the price of Firehawk GT’s, 788 for all four, yikes, they keep telling my the tirerack price is w/o this and w/o that…I think to myself…and actually told the one guy, your tire price BEFORE the fancy stuff has me wondering if we were even talking about the same tire.