firewood ?

okay so obviously I’ve been dying the last few days so I havent gone anywhere. My pops brought some seasoned firewood over because I was too down in the weather to go get it ect ect. some of the wood has green mold on it. Should I not burn this wood? My first instinct says I dont want to burn it or have it in my home. I’ve only burned wood for one winter (last winter) So I’m a NOOB to this kind of thing. Its a closed wood burner. (you saw it had an A/c in it during the summer.

It hasn’t been seasoned long enough. Molds and/or fungi would be a sign of this.

I may have been a retard for doing it, but I have burned wood with that fungus on it before. I am still alive.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6353&stc=1&d=1226342172

Give Rich and Christy a call over at Forest Products. They’ll tell you if it is O.K. to burn (I am guessing sure… it’s fire, it kills everything, but who knows.)

Tell them “Jeff your IT guy told me to call you”

If they explain that you shouldn’t burn it, they will also be able to help you get some wood if you need it :slight_smile:

Forest Products Firewood‎
8240 Roll Rd, East Amherst, NY‎ - (716) 689-0649‎

My father said something along those lines, “just burn the shit millions of people who burn wood arent dead” haha. I’m sick of being sick.

I plan on burning most of it, but I keep small stacks by the fireplace for restocking at night ect. thats what Im most worried about.

Thanks Clean, I’ll give them a holler.

You will be fine.

Just tell your dad that his wood has too much moisture still. :wink:

I have a bunch on some of mine… just too much moisture… will still burn, just watch your chimney a little closer as more moisture = more creosote (at least so I was told). I burn it all the time, but I have an insert in my fireplace, it’s not “open” like a traditional one is.

haha, you talked about his dad’s moist wood :mamoru:

just make sure you take the air conditioner out of your fireplace before burning the wood.

With fungus too.