Where to buy firewood

Anybody know a place that has cheap prices on cords of firewood?

My house has a wood burning fireplace, and i would like to use it to offset the gas.

was just looking at this, and realized how i really hate actually calling places (instead of websites).

haven’t called anywhere yet maybe someone can save me some time :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, i have never had a need for firewood outside of camping…

I would need ~2 cords delivered to lancaster, but most of the good deals come from private sales. So its usually X knows a guy who delivers firewood for XXX per cord

If you can get a truck and want to pick it up. My parents could you it dirt cheap.
(But you’d have to drive to Hornell for it)

I can get use of a pickup, but thats not really enough wood to make each trip worthwhile

If you find anyone please post up; I’m looking for 2 chords of hardwood as well (Oak, Hickory, Cherry, Maple, etc) no softwoods (Pine, poplar, etc); delivered to Cheektowaga…

there is a bunch of people around my house… you have to pick up… it you want #'s ill get them

just looked, there is a bunch on craigslist

Go for a nice “leaf ride” in the south towns and you will pass dozens of places that sell firewood.
I am not sure how far they will deliver but if you can get a truck…

yea, i would have to rent a U haul to get enough wood at one shot… a pickup bed will only hold a face cord of wood, i was loooking for a full cord

there is a uhaul rental place right at the 219 and the road where people sell wodd is … so you could still take that “drive” and if you found a good deal make a rental

its about 130ish for a one way from there to where your going

PJ’s Auto 682-1736 (~$80 delivered +fuel) - This guy is great. He cuts everything exactly at 16" with no stragglers, perfectly seasoned and stored, and no shitty woods. Well worth the cost if you are running a high eff unit and want real burn times.

Al’s Tree Service 692-7041 ($70 delivered + fuel) - Good people with a nice mix. However, I think they stopped delivering beyond their area (Ton & Amherst).

That’s who we went through this year. Although we didn’t pay nearly that much. Get your wood earlier next year people and keep the cost down.

Just check the classifieds.

Last fall I had a guy from near Batavia deliver 2 cords of ash for $180. I think it was only seasoned one year, but ash still burns well even if it’s not dry.

I’ve still got the guy’s card at home. I’ll look for it tonight.

^Stacked or just dropped?

Just dropped.

It started raining and I didn’t want it to get wet, but I had to go to class, so I stacked 2 cords of wood in 20 minutes and got to class on time. I could barely get out of the chair by the end of class.

That’s fast. Can I hire you to stack the 10 we have?

my father use to deliver… idk if he still will do it though… it wasn’t worth the hassle for him… I’l ask him today and see what he says about it

All depends, could be free. What are they charging in Buffalo? Over 100/cord?

$70-$90 + fuel.

you need to buy earlier in the season.

take a ride in the southtowns & suburbs and you’ll find signs in lawns everywhere. This is “generally” cheaper then what you find ni the papers