Where to buy Cherry firewood

starting to get cold and i need wood for the fireplace, any good places locally to buy a cord and have it delivered???

My future neighbor is a logger in Evans. More details, amount, delivery location, etc. and I can get you his number.

Forest Products Firewood Inc.

8240 Roll Rd, East Amherst, NY

(716) 689-0649

Cherry? Really?
You pay a premium on it because it “smells nice”
I was a little short this year, so I ended up buying some. This was BY FAR the best wood retailer I’ve ever used. You pay a little more for his, but it’s absolutely fantastic.
Ash has 4M BTU more per cord than Cherry, AND seasons faster… for less coin.

Dennis Hyla;
(quote from his email)

Willow is $60 per face ( only have 4 face cords) seasoned for two years
Oak is $115 per face or $330 per cord seasoned for 15-18 months
Ash is $110 per face or $320 per cord seasoned for 12 months
Ash/ maple mix same price as ash
Cherry is $120 per face seasoned

597-6087

He delivered a few truckloads to me a few weeks ago… Delivered a few hours after I emailed him on a Sunday no less.
Wood is near perfect, ~12-14% MC… I did all Ash. I don’t think Oak would be ready to go after only 18 months, otherwise I would’ve jumped on it.
Keep in mind that a cord is 8’x8’x4’, he considers a face cord 8’x4’x16-18"

I was going to try these guys if Dennis showed up with shit wood, but it was fantastic.
Their Maple/Oak/Beech mix is just plain stupid. Mixing 12 and 36 month seasoning woods together? Genius.

I have some unsplit maple if your interested , i can send pics

Im looking for a just a single cord and im located 14051 (off of North French)

I bought 2 facecords of ash a few years ago. Took me like 5 years to burn through it just using it for fun, not heating (fireplace in the last house sucked more heat than it threw). Made the house smell great IMO. I’m pretty much out now. I’ll have to give Hass’s guy a call to see if he’ll deliver just a cord or two.

Forest Products Firewood Inc.

8240 Roll Rd, East Amherst, NY

(716) 689-0649

+1

I will chip in and buy a cord if it helps. I can just move it from your house to mine over a few trips. I prefer the cherry though (good for the smoker)