first 8 second C6 Z06.

but will break eventually, either way i still dont see how the vette is limited if there running 8s and have only been out for a couple of years, we have yet to see the best out of these cars

the small block chevy has been out since what 1950 something? the technology has only changed so much, from crude materials to lightweight materials with fuel injection and wilder cams… chassis development is where they need attention… the IRS/leaf spring setup are not helping the vette put the power down at all.

you hafto realize that GM didnt directly design the Vette’s to be straight line runners…IMO, the F-bodys are better for that with the straight axle and what not. The vettes were designed to perform great at any task they were given. Not just haul ass in a straight line but to haul ass around a track and great handling and a smooth ride that wont break your wallet.

oh im very well aware. 8’s is a great acheivment, but sucks its got to be an auto car. i love seeing manual tranny cars that run single numbers

I can agree with that, the Supra handles well but the ZO6 is better for sure. The Supra just simply has the better drivetrain (esp in 6 speed format) for drag racing. The Supra’s 6 speed tranny is the best 6 speed, non-dogbox tranny ever produced, IMO.

V160 ftw.

thats just because the vette has how many years on the Supra?

Im sure if the supra was never discontinued, it would be a top runner (like it still is) but I mean up to par with all the new technology.

they can turn, but not many people set them up to. the first “supra” model came in 1982, before that they were the Celica Supra(79-81)
last sold in the USA in 1998, and worldwide in 2002.

the vette has quite some years on it for sure.

yah…and the vettes are still getting it done and holding their own on leaf spring and push rod technology.

Yeah, some doooshe here has a red TT ZO6 that run’s alright.

Travis, is it worth me getting this…

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/DTE_Strut_Brace.html

do u have one? should i get this or is it not worth it?

I have one, and I’d consider it if I were you, you are getting up there in power.

i planned on it but i just wanted to ask u if u had one. thanks

what one do u have? the DTE?

I also have the Delta Tango Echo.

im thinking about getting the Echo Charlie Sierra one.

+111111111

Personally, I’d wait until the clutch starts to slip, then bring the car down for all the mods.

well i just figured i have it and im going down for headers so i might as well. i have a scewed sense of thinking. that and im not sure the cluth has ever been replaced and has 48000 miles on it. i changed some of the fluid in my garage using the Turkey baster method but its still blacker than i would like so that worries me a little too

Just keep doing it like 1x a day with the baster method once you are driving the car more, it normally cleans it up pretty nice. 48K is nothing on a clutch, depending on usage. But if you are dead set on the headers, might as well do them at the same time. And up the boost. And meth. ETC.

What’s a clutch cost for yours?

I’m going to rock the rps pressure plate till it breaks, then do the rps c/c ($2800 + install :frowning: (