First Drag Car

Alright, so I was wondering if anyone here owns a mid 80’s monte carlo, and races it, I mean drag, cause I’m pretty sure they don’t turn so good, I was possibly looking at trading my 94’ camaro, into a monte that needs some work, so basically here is my question, what is your impression of this as a weekend car+light duty daily driver?

Just as capable as any other RWD chevy ever manufactured. Theres a few guys that hang around Mircle mile with some built ones, dont think any of them are on pittspeed. Im sure Cutty will chime in.

Mid 80’s monte carlos aren’t good at anything besides being a boat anchor.

they are a good platform
the same thing as my el camino just have to set a goal of what you want.
just be careful as they can/are rust bucktets

giant hunk of iron with a 305 in it? you don’t like doing anything easy, do you?

that is first thing you pitch is the 305
hence mine had a big block boat anchor
now a 6.0 lsx resides in it.

a car is just a fixture to hold your parts. you can use anything you want.

Nova…nuff said

he said it has to be able to hold your parts…not put shit in it and watch it fall to the ground

ls1 the slowmaro and be done. it will be a good daily and get great milage. and be way faster and have better handling then the Gbody

Def. you need to check the frame rails on one before you buy, they are notorious for rusting out. After my new installments we took my 86 into the low 12’s. Its also a good crusing around car minus the fact its a land yacht.

G bodies rock, I prefer the 442’s

it depends, is this a spur of the moment deal or is this a car that you really like and are willing to spill blood and sweat over? anything like that is gonna take work and more importantly time to get right, that’s shit you gotta think about

i’d rock a g-body way before an f-body

You want a race/street car:little and light are the two key words to remember no matter what brand you like.

panchos car is hands down the nicest monte ive ever seen. and theyre like nipples, everyones got two of them…for the most part.

the little chevette running 9’s at prp was my fav (this was a few years ago, im not sure if he still runs there)

It’s not a Monte, but close enough. i just threw a big set of tires on it.

:wink:

LOL, I like wheelies, but ya, the guy with the monte backed out anways, however, a guy on CL has an 88’ camaro with a 350 that I’m going to check out tomorrow, so hey, there are cars out there if you’re looking I guess.

There is alot out there floatin around recently due to the economy

There is alot out there floatin around recently due to the economy

very true, only most people want an arm and a leg becuase they think theyre sitting on a gold mind

Big, doesnt mean it wont handle. depends how you wanna build it, and choice of parts. I have no issues with body roll, just cant keep the tires hooked!