First drive 05 Mustang GT

Went up to Cleveland for Easter to my Uncle’s house. He has a 05 Mustang GT with the 5 speed auto. It is a decent ride, I am somewhat of a fan of it. Was it fast? Yes but it doesn’t feel fast, if that makes sense. Lets put it this way from a stop sign I floored it and I told my g/f it was floored and she said, “Are you serious?”. I looked down and were at 60 already, I think it is lacking the TQ curve I am used to. I actually think Tq wise my GTP is right on par with it. The interior was Ok But I really don’t know what the hype was for the quality. Overall I liked it, decent car for a Ford. It has stock exhaust and it still sounded cool, that is a given for a Mustang. The 5 speed auto was decent too, it was a little wierd but I like how it tightened up the gears a little.

I assume you mean low end torque?

cool. decent cars, i guess

Ya…it just didnt throw you back like a ls1…but after 3-4 K it pulled decent I guess I like pushrod better

how’d you like that IRS?

I didnt get a chance to get into any twisties, the road I was on was mostly straight, but his street did have a few turns and I wend kinda fast through them and it felt really tight…from what I could tell it handles decent. But on level smooth pavement f-bod should be as good if not better than IRS.

The 05 06 GT’s have solid axles. 03/04 cobras were the only ones with the IRS.

:doh: I must have had a brain fart

yea the 05+ mustangs are nice. The 5speeds are alot more fun then the auto thought. For some reason i think the 5 speeds exhaust is alittle louder then the auto exhaust is.

there ok. not a big mustang fan, personally i like the 99-04 bodys the best. i beat a stock one with a few bolt on’s and gears with my slow ass camaro by about 3-4 cars

The 05 06 GT’s have solid axles. 03/04 cobras were the only ones with the IRS.

I thought that any 99 and newer Cobra had IRS?

I can’t really seem to get into the newest Mustangs. I dig the 99-04s (especially the Mach 1s), but the style of the 05 and up just hasn’t got me yet.

they do seem like nice cars. they need deeper gears to really get that low end feeling back. 4.xx’s are well liked in those cars.

i like the mach I’s and cobras better tho… and i do believe 99+ cobras had IRS.