First stateside 400hp 135i

They are on dealer lots already. I optioned one out pretty nicely and it was around $42k. I don’t think you will get any great deals on them yet as they are brand new and I think are selling very well initially.

Not impressed with the body lines. To me it looks like a Hyundai.

But :tup: to 400hp

The tune on this motor really unleashes it. 65 hp 85ft lbs.

uhm, read up about the N54 motor, reflash alone adds 60hp

like two weeks, which is why this is impressive. Classic BMW got there first 1-series last week.

which is obvious, but doesn’t get you to 400whp.

I just go an invite to the rochester launch including open bar and test drives :D, also the M3 launch, will have to drive that also. but they did mention if you drink you can’t test drive.

As I’ve said time and time again, no 3 door hatch… no care.

The motor is an animal though, cant wait till they dyno the twin disco potato one.

And they’ve broken 400whp bluestone. I wont be at the M3 party though, busy beating the snot out of M5’s.

I may have to test drive one of these…

who did it with those mods? I’m missing this?

[quote=66impalass;884585]uhm, read up about the N54 motor, reflash alone adds 60hp

quote]

wow, I didn’t know that, that is SWEET!

I am really looking forward to picking one of these up soon. Anyone know when TOWNE bmw will get a few in?

i would have bought a hatch…

135i’s with options encroach on the 41k pricetag… a 335I can be had for ~ 30-35k in the used market with under 20k miles or CPO… id rather have a 335i then a 135 “coupe”

bring the hatch over and ill change my tune

Really? I think the Gensis Coupe looks much better than this.

oh, and no factory LSD option. :tif:

Link to options
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2008/1/135iCoupe/Features_and_Specs/135iCoupePkgsandOptions.aspx

I thought it has a brake based LSD that was meant to be pretty good, but obviously not as good as the real thing.

that’s the same as traction control… if you want to have “fun” with the car, you have to turn the vdc or what ever they call it OFF, and then you are 1 wheel drive.

its been done for a while, and I still don’t like the wheel/steering feel of the new M3, very disconnected, but the motor is a lot of fun, and car handles well if you get the EDC, with out EDC is meh…

They have been out for like 3 weeks here, dealer has a Sedan JB/FR no edc, and an AW/FR coupe with EDC. I personally like the

no… it slightly brakes just the outside wheel to stop it spinning and send power back to the one with traction…

that’s a little different then traditional traction control

and thom… where are these 400whp stock turbo pump gas 335i’s you’re talking about… I want you to prove me wrong to I can go trade my car in this weekend.

i seen the commercial the other nite. starting at 29K and some change

I am on the BMW website “building” one right now. It as base price @ $34,900. I can’t choose a color damnit.

Fuking awesome. Once things get going people will be breaking 400bhp with these things all day long.