First stateside 400hp 135i

no they won’t… they’ll be like 350whp at best before you start dumping tons of money into them.

Dinan’s conservative flash brings the 335 to 384/421 at the crank for $2k and you still have a warranty.

Anyone know more about the “active steering” option. Would it be worth $1,400? On paper it sounds great but do you really notice a difference?

Its gotten mixed reviews on larger cars… but more favorable then not, iirc.

I don’t imagine it’d be as handy in such a light car. Speaking of, what the curb weight on this thing?

Unladen - Manual Transmission3373 lbs
Unladen - Automatic Transmission3384 lbs
Weight distribution, front/rear – Manual Transmission 52.3/47.7%
Weight distribution, front/rear – Automatic transmission 52.4/47.6%

holy shit, waaay more then I expected.

and when put on the dyno it made 330whp. not exactly 400.

I can’t believe at 300 hp and 3373lbs it only gets 25mpg hwy. I swear when i drove my f-bod from Buffalo to Seattle i was getting about 27mpg and i was driving crazy.

emissions & gearing.

xi option?

I test drove a 135.

Drive pretty well, but not really a looker. Looks VERY awkward…

it’s a modern bmw, didn’t surpise me.

With todays saftey standards you won’t see a car under 3,000#. (well, 90% of cars)

blah, that’s what an evo/sti is for.
I don’t like awd bmws, kinda defeats the purpose/fun

hawt car.

even some people who work for BMW have said they only do it because the market demands it.

you suck, I am working on finding some one that is currently hosting the chart, its not on the original post anymore

Hey gang,

For kicks I decided to throw a dual cone air filter setup on the car to see what it would do. In the process I might have set a 335i record for the most power for the least dollars spent.

Here is the mod sheet:
JB2HR: $499
UR DP: $550
Cone air filters: $80
Total: $1129

Everything else on the car including catback, 2nd cats, resonator, diverter valves, etc is all stock. Only other mod is K1 rims w/ drag radials @ 28psi tire pressure. The car doesn’t even have the golf tee mod.

The car is using the factory boost control system with one solenoid bypassed, and boost was very steady across the board with a light roll off to redline. No spikes, camel bumps, boost bombs, or surprises.

Runs 16 & 17 are the normal JB2HR with the new air intake. Power jumped up to 392rwhp/432rwtq! Boost spiked to 15.5psi and held around 14.

Then for runs 18 & 19 I decided to throw in a second hot pill (not suggested!), and power jumped up to 402rwhp/453rwtq!!!
Boost spiked to 16.5psi and held around 15.

Ambient temp was 65 degrees and the correction factor was 2%

EDIT: there is this, tune/exhaust, stock diverter stock front mount

NOTICE THE AMBIENT TEMP OF 85° in south fl.

that’s impressive and all… but at the end of the day around 350-380whp is the legit number most people will have on a daily basis with these mods.

claiming a solid 400whp daily is a reach

Stop trying to fit into small cars.

<3

Because the average american believes that if they live anywhere that recieves more than an inch of snow they need awd. Get a good set of winter tires on a rwd car and you will be able to get anywhere.

Someone on The Car Lounge said the one he ordered, fully loaded, was $44304. I would punch myself in the face over and over again if I paid $44K for this car.

Jeager, I saw one in Toronto and i still don’t know if I like it or not, I don’t think I do. I have to say though that it felt very very nice inside the car, well laid out.