First stateside 400hp 135i

Anywhere?
How about a friendly wager?

Not really with adding an intercooler and a properly sized biverter, a 10hp gain out of those two things can easily be had.

close enough to be impressive to me… I’ll be watching these for reliability and how many other people get the same power numbers… might be my next daily driver.

Same here i think it would be a pimp daily. I don’t want to pay the new car price though so it looks like i will have to wait a year or so. Does BMW ever run 0% on new cars?

front end looks great, rear end looks great. side profile looks TERRIBLE.

its cool that they are able to eek out substantial power with relatively few mods.

is there a boost limit to the stock ecu?

Brian

6am my driveway and road after a good snow… not a chance.

Brian

Oddly enough I’m not really impressed.

Too much $$$ for the return.

compared to…

Didn’t you say in another thread that, because of your location, you absolutely needed AWD?

edit:

Good Luck with that in your rwd 6-cyl turbo car.

ya, seriously, where are you getting 100 whp for less than $1500 invested?

If you are talking about the price of the car, I agree with you, its about $5k more than the price point it should be.

looks like a tiburon

I’m talking the average, suburb living american.
Yes, there are a few exceptions.

cool formula for a small(er) car for sure but after looking at those pictures I really don’t like how it looks. I think the price is a bit high as well, but its a bmw…

nice power… i liked them before i started seeing really high quality up close pictures… i cant get past the bottoms of the doors and the way it curves… reminds me of a small boat

There was a Grey one pulling out of UB last week… so hot.
I’m really digging this car, I’ve been thinking about a BMW for some time now… this may motion me to move a bit quicker on selling current DD. I dk

I was really excited for the 135 until I learned the curb weight and then saw one in person. I am glad I went with a different dd.

You might be right Sam, I really need to see one of these in person.

It didn’t do anything to swing me to the side of thinking it looked any better, I honestly still don’t know if I like the looks of this car??? It just makes me think that someone threw a 3 seris in the dryer and didn’t take it out in time. I’m sure a white one with a red interior and 19" LM’s would look pretty great. Then again, I drive a car that was styled 15 years ago.

i saw a truck carrying 6-7 of these on the 401 the other day.

someone here said they would rather get $10k off on a 335i than a newish 135i… i agree…

but in 12 months the 135i will be $10k less.

i did not like the 135i at the autoshow, i sat in it, played around… it’s nice but i would also prefer the 3.

also, the Genesis coupe looks better than the 135i

i agree on that point.

unfortunately, I have a feeling that the 135i has a chance at being faster than the genesis coupe stock for stock because of the torque even with the fact that its a fat lard. ill wait and see though.

Brian