First stateside 400hp 135i

who cares about stock vs. stock?

the only reason these cars are interested is because they are easier to get to 400whp since they are already more than half way there…

many people do… i mean i sure dont but its a good comparison.

Brain

after checking out the 135 in person I love how it looks… for some reason it doesn’t look correctly proportioned in pictures… but in person it looks GREAT!.

i like the 135, But the curb weight. oh the humanity.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/2/1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

that being said… i would pick one up after the Huge depreciation wares off a few years

I assume you checked it out at the dealer. If so do you happen to know what kind of financing or incentives they are offering if any on new purchase? I am really hoping a slowing economy hurts car sales enough to bring in some good incentives in months to come. I am very much considering picking one of these up if i can get a good deal.

they’ve sold almost all the ones that are coming to the US this year I’ve been hearing… you can get better deals on the 335 then on the 135 due to very strong demand.

with that said, I’ve heard second hand that somebody picked up one with a 42k sticker for 37. they’re leasing horribly right now.

what is this m3 and 135 test drive? I want in

i had no idea these things were coming stock boosted :tup:

:lol: why does everyone still bitch about curb weight?

ALL NEW CARS WEIGH MORE

You want more safety features and technology…thats what happens.

why do you guys defend the car manufacturers that pump out bloated fat pigs that are called cars…

i dont want excessive safety and technology. i dont need a bunch of computers and gizmos keeping the car on the road. ill use my arms and legs to do that.

fat cars are garbage.

Brian

Rochester dealer sent me an invite to the launch event, it’s over now.

you make it sound like they are choosing to make new cars heavier. It’s all safety stuff mandated by law. The toys don’t really add any weight. Plus, if they did make this car 2500lbs. by magic you still wouldn’t be their target customer, so I suspect they’ll continue along their current path and continue the excellent sale numbers.

yeah i still wouldnt buy it lol. id still complain about stuff though. :slight_smile:

it isnt all law mandated stuff (which is another stupid thing to complain about… the govt shouldnt be meddling with cars like they are). they could making things lighter if they wanted to but then id complain about the price. :slight_smile:

Brian

Is it just me or am I the only one that finds it ironic that the safer you make a car, the more it weighs. And in turn the more it takes to protect yourself from that car, making it weigh yet even more.

That said it does protect you from things you have no control over.

stock 135i 334hp at the flywheel.

i yike it

I want one so bad. Also i like how all of the forum members have the options they ordered setup like a mod list, HOT!

Looks about the same as some stock 335 dyno’s. General consensus is actual stock hp is closer to 330-340 than the stated 300.