Fish people, step in.

I have a 125 gallon fresh water tank. Live plants, plenty of hiding spaces.

I have 6 maturing red belly piranhas.

I am going to add a plecko (spelling?) to the tank soon, to help clean it up. It is about twice the size of the dominant piranha.

Think they will kill it?

Yep.

Won’t they wind up fighting each other too? 6 in one tank seems awfully tight…

I think piranhas are school fish… they won’t fight each other

http://unclestinky.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/salmon.jpg

yyyesss???

Don’t kill the plecosomous! I’m pretty sure the Piranha will nip at him.

fuck plecos in general, I had two small ones, and they did so well that they ran out of algae and started sucking off the slimecoats of my fish. caused a big commotion and I ended up getting rid of them.

ive got 2 plecos in with 3 goldfish and 2 6in Red ear sliders (turtles). Turtles nipped tails and then realized that they arent tasty and left them alone. Now why can this figure this out on the goldfish… Part of me wants to say yes they will kill it because they are school fish and attack in that manner but im still not 100% sure.

the red bellies will eat the pleco.

Ask me how I know.

Mine would nip at each other and sometimes take pieces out of fins. I’m assuming even if the pleco lives it won’t enjoy it.

Ok how?

Yea, not a good combo… nothing really lives nicely with red bellies…

And pdubya I’m shocked you got anything living with the RESs. We (my fiance and I) have a RES in a 55G; he’s about 6-7"; and he HAD like 6 feeder goldfish living with him that he never ate. They were with him for like 6 months!! and were probably in the 3"+ range…

Until we went on vacation for the weekend. We can home and something smelled strange and we couldn’t figure out what it was… until we looked at the tank; fucker went on a killing spree and killed/tore apart/ate all but one who jumped into a part of the tank with no water and died… but there were goldfish parts EVERYWHERE in the tank!!!

they will kill it just to kill it … its how they roll… i know you may not want to but get 2 snail… i know there will be 200 in a few months… but if you have a feeder thank just throw the extra ones in there …let the feeder fish play with them if no feeder tank just toss or start a feeder tank