Fixing a window AC unit?

I have an 8,000 BTU Frigidaire window unit that stopped blowing cold air last year. I would love to be able to use it since it is only less than 5 years old.

Anybody know how to get this thing back up and running? I have heard that you can recharge them, but I am not sure. Any thoughts?

What quit working?

Mine was cold but not really moving air, a rinse of the filter got things going again!

The fan works but it is warm air. Almost like it is just blowing the outside air in.

Can you hear a difference when you switch it from fan mode to AC mode? AKA… can you hear it triggering the compressor to come on?

In a couple weeks I could lol, don’t have my own work van yet. See if the compressor turns on, if it doesn’t could have a leak and lost th charge. If it turns on but short cycles, maybe its a dirty condenser or low on charge… What sucks is they don’t have service ports so if its low n charge or has a leak, I’d need to use the torch and braze them in.

Then if the compressor won’t turn on could be an electrical issue, or worst case bad compressor.

I’ll fire it up later and see if the compressor kicks on. I guess I would have to see what I would be looking at to get it fixed to see if it’s worth it. I mean, it is probably a $300 AC brand new and right now it is just an extra, but I could def put it to use if it did work.