Who bought/plans to buy a window ac unit?

i just bought mine today, figured i would share since all you suckers are probably roasting in the heat already.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7016212&type=product&id=1099394137676

just bought this today since i had to give my brother his old one back when he moved into town again. pretty happy with it so far, i feel bad for all you people out there without.

post up your ac units or if your looking for one, maybe someone can help you out.

i have that same one in my living room… works great

central air :pimp:

Central Air FTMFW … suckers

Right now, no AC.

2 weeks, Central Air :slight_smile:

Was looking at one today for the new house. All I really need is a cheap one in the bedroom, so that I can sleep at night and stay cool.

About 96 bucks at lowes, plus I have a 10 percent off coupon.

Anybody know what the real little 5000 btu ones cost to run, only during the night?

I bet its cheap to operate.

yeah I got air conditioning…its called a window and a fan lol. I got a wicked ass sunburn from driving alot with my ttops off today :tdown:. I need AC in my car lol.

lol…

Central Air > You

haha i wouldnt say that, im enjoying the ac. i bet central air is a hell of alot more expensive than my 5000 btu unit too.

you will soon be amazed by how much your 5k btu unit will cost you.

we ran (2) 5ks & a 10k… it was ridiculous.

90%+ efficiency, high SEER CA > you. :slight_smile:

i just got a portable 9000 btu and im loving it, were getting central air but i didnt feel like waiting.

well, according to the energy label, it only costs $41 dollars to use per year. :rofl: im not going to buy into that, but im not home enough to run this thing constantly either. my room is only maybe 12x12 and it works just fine.

I just bough this on wed and installed it that night. woulda went bigger but my 230v plug was on the other side of the kitchen.:frowning: So far its keping the downstairs of my house nice and cool. But it is a little noisy like most window units.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100527419&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_sp=BazVoice--PROFILE--118611774-_-x&locStoreNum=1231&marketID=66

i priced out central air but there realy wasnt any options less then $6000 bucs since i have base board heat. So after i installed a roof and remodeled my living room and kitched along with dyning i am a little tapped at the moment.lol

This will do for now.

landlord did all the updates on my richie richie suburban ass home.
Updates include energy star crank out windows, so yes my fat ass is roasting until I find a better soloution, because the 400yr old landlord has central air in his house, but thinks ceiling fans will help us survive.

Central air.

We used to just put one in our bedroom window but now with the kid we just run the central air.

we have a 15,000 BTU in our bedroom just b/c the prego i sleep with cant be warm … but in the next 6 months we will be getting central air

BTW it was like 55ish im my room all night

My apartment is probably 90 degrees right now. We bought a fan last night, but that barely does shit. I have to go pick up my AC unit from my dad’s before I die of heat exhaustion in my sleep.

Hope it’s a huge bedroom, otherwise all you’re doing it making it cold and damp. People oversize AC’s all the time thinking bigger is better, but an oversized AC cools too much without removing the moisture from the air.

For those of you thinking about running out and buying one today after a miserable night last night:

^^yea the bdrm is like 23 x 28 and 4 windows with dumb amts of sun

^ Perfect size then. And :tup: on the huge freakin bedroom.