Who bought/plans to buy a window ac unit?

yea its a good size house crappy thing is the 2 other rooms on the floor are small… it looks like the old owners blew out the wall and made 2 rooms one… i dont like the room that big b/c the wife just fills it up with more junk

ahhh…

We have radiator heat so central air is pretty much out of the question.

It seems like I’ve been collecting A/C units over the last few years. I’ve got a 5200 in each of the 3 bedrooms, frigidaire’s like the OP, but a little older, but we barely ever use them. And I have a 10k in the living room.

I don;t like to be hot and humid, I don’t care if my electricity bill doubles in the summer, which it probably will.

I also have a mammoth 15k btu window unit that I might be selling. That thing will cool a warehouse. It’s the biggest window a/c I’ve ever seen.

I live in the Desert… we have 2 A/C units for central air. One for up, one for down.

I’m buying one this weekend so I like this thread. Utilities included renting FTW! I’ve lived for over 20 years using just fans, but thats about to change.

Ding.

I’m getting central air… I have a couple different companies coming by to give me quotes this week. one window unit in the bedroom until then.

Thank you apartment complex and central air :slight_smile:

:smiley:

Put in the window Ac unit last night when we got back from Ohio. Wish I could put in central AC but have no duct work in the house for it and to big of a house to use a split unit.

Ik we got a quote from Ben Peer if that helps, we had multiple quotes

central air

kinda need it though since its 100+ here

I’ll give them a shot… I’m pretty much looking at Carrier or Byant because I can get corp discount… but you never know, it’s good to compare.

bump just for jam…

haha! yeahhh… im retarded…

home depot has 24000 but johnsons for like 275

Anyone have any idea what central air would cost if you already have a forced air system?

We don’t have air at my house and I want it so badly that I’ll just pay to get it installed, i’ll probably have to also pay for the electric if i want to use it though…

Yah so what do the quotes you guys have look like? If I can do it for 2K or less i might just do it, and tell my parents they have the best son ever.

I stuck the very back of a window airconditioner in my fireplace.

put the ac unit up on 2 tires and some wood, and it dropped my house 15º

dear god.