fixing laptop?

I have an older Dell Latitude, I had it for sale on here but ended up giving it to my G/F, recently the ONLY USB port it had stoped working. and everything works off USB… is there any place I could take it to have it fixed?

It is not going to be worth the money to have it fixed…

Im assuming you probably need to have the connection for the USB re soldered

Dell is notorious for having shit come desoldered. In the last year, I have fixed about 10 laptops that have had AC jacks, USB connections, and other random shit come lose.

I’m assuming you’re sure it isn’t software related. You tried removing everything under USB in the device manager, rebooting, and letting windows re-install it right?

If it is hardware, just take it apart and see if a connection needs re-soldering. Not like you have much to lose, either you fix it or you completely fuck it up.

If the port is physically broken (hard-ware) I can probably re-solder it without issue or some other method to get it back up and running for you. Usually they are pretty easy to resolder as long as the shielding isn’t damaged.

If it’s the model I’m thinking of it should only take about maybe an hour to do. (Assuming it’s the older style with the all black case)

sell it on ebay as is, then pickup a 400 dollar lappy from slickdeals.

PCMCIA USB card.

~$10 on ebay.

Yes and yes. lol it unsoldered itself and I suck at life and dont want to brake it anymore. it is the old C600 like this
http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a0/67/0d88_1.JPG

if you want to take a look at it ill give you cash if you can fix it :slight_smile:
I spent $30 on a PCMI card that had USB ports, to find out they need a USB for power:cjerk::rubicant::2fingers: