Flashlight Drags back at the airports?

I got this in an e-mail yesterday:

Flash Light Drags Event
Street racing without the jail time!

NEWS FLASH!
WE’RE BACK!
That’s right, we’re back at
Waynesburg Airport, Greene County

The Flashlight Drags® (as seen in Hot Rod Magazine, Feb 2008) will make a return to the Waynesburg Airport, Greene County, PA during the summer of 2010.

Commissioners Dave Coder, Archie Trader, and Chairman Pam Snyder encountered a constant stream of phone calls, e-mails, and in-person requests from their constituents to bring the Flashlight Drags back to the Airport. In response to the community feedback, the Commissioners pressed the issue with PennDOT. After nearly a year of discussion, PennDOT has reversed its position on airport closures. “We pushed for this because it’s what our residents wanted,” said Chairman Pam Snyder.

The Flashlight Drags offers a safe alternative to street racing. The concept is a throwback to the early days of drag racing, when things were uncomplicated; two cars line up for a race and someone blazes a flashlight to signal the start.

The format is simple: approximately 1/8 mile race, heads-up format, no brackets, and no classes. Just for fun. That means racers can race against anyone they want, as often as they want. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, just get back in line and do it again. Some racers have made as many as twenty runs during one event. Race your buddy, race your brother, sister, or mother; moms race dads, dads race kids. Whether you’re a racer or a spectator, it’s a family event.

The Flashlight Drags got its start in 2002, although the races didn’t come to Greene County until three years ago when Parks and Recreation Director, Jake Blaker, contacted Altered Gas Performance Events, LLC and started a dialogue that resulted in the very popular races at the Airport. Then in 2009, PennDot shut down all non-aeronautical events at airports. But now, after a year’s absence, and thanks to the Commissioners’ persistence, the Flashlight Drags will return.

Only $25 to Race and $5 per car for Spectators

Frequently check the website for dates and times!

Look on the web for maps. We look forward to seeing you. Remember it’s, “Street racing without the jail time!”
www.FlashLightDrags.com

Waynesburg is on-board, hopefully Zelie will come around as well!!

Nice thats 30 mins from my house…

Sweet, im glad to see there coming back

GO GO ZELIE!!!

waynesburg have a place for me to park my trailer?

Fuck yer trailer…drive it there…lol

• DOT Tires – Required (No slicks)

• Current State Registration - Required

• Proof of Insurance - Required

• Valid Drivers License - Required

• No Passengers

• Safety Belts must be worn

• Convertibles - tops up or bring a helmet

• Vehicles must be driven in - No Trailers

• Burn outs in designated areas only

• Driver must wear wristband on left wrist

• Altered Gas Performance Events waiver must be signed

• Drivers must attend the drivers’ meeting prior to the start of each event

Ill be there!

o really… that will be quite interesting.

ya, so if i do break something, i have a way to get it home, im all for street cars, but if im racing it, and i own a trailer, why the fuck wouldnt i trailer it there if something does break, i put it on the trailer and still get home

i know the rules, ive been going to the flashlight drags since the first one at zeli a long time ago. but not all of these rules are followed 100 percent. i have never been asked to see insurance and registration. and a lot of us know that these cars can not pass a 100 percent legal inspection. also at zeli, we knew guys were parking there trailers a few blocks down the road then driving their cars in

Been there - done that!!

That’s what Hagerty towing insurance is for…lol

You didn’t go the last year and a half that Zeli was held then. They were jews with that

i am offended :MrT:

justin you can prob park at rick’s house as he is not too far from there. 10-15 min drive is not too bad.

why pay for a tow, or tow insurance when i own a truck and trailer?

never had a problem with it

thats not a bad drive at all, although i heard there is a lot where guys drop there trucks n trailers off at

Looking forward to racing at the airport again! Micah will be there with his Civic and I might even have the GTX out with the test engine.

they used to be fun… before they were all up on the nuts of the guys that bring 8 second track cars.

You act like you were one of the 8 second guys?

I’d like to go, but don’t have anything to race :frowning:

Maybe I’ll get off my ass & put a clutch in the truck. I really don’t care much about it right now :rolleyes: I got a few months.

A few months indeed

Nope :smiley:

This is awsome to hear!