Flat black paint care

So I am planning to paint my car flat black, but my question is, how do you take care of it?
since its a low gloss clear coat, I guess you prolly dont have to wax it. But what else can you do to keep it neat?

I was told by a guy that he would use windex to remove finger prints and what not that show up on the flat paint. I dont know how much truth there was to it but worth a shot.

I have flat black paint… as far as taking care of it, I have nothing.

I just wash it and dry it with a non lint shammy. Drying it well is the key. Nothing shows water spots and runs like flat black. Oh, just so you know, every little fingerprint will show.

edit- also be careful not to scrub the paint when you wash or dry. If you do, you will be buffing it which is bad…

I take what I said before back. If you are actually planning on a two stage flat paint with low gloss clear you can wax it. They make special wax for low gloss. My mom’s bike is flat black paint with a satin clear coat. She waxes it like normal paint. It also feels similar to normal paint.

I, on the other hand, have a single stage paint which is textured. This is what I was referring to in the above post.

So would you recommend single or dual stage paint?
is that low gloss clear coat necessary?
I believe 2 stage paint will last longer, but how much longer? is it worth the money?

I think my mothers paint looks 100 times better than a single stage but it was a lot more expensive. As far as durability, I would assume they are comparable considering the single stage systems have hardener and UV shields built in.

I didn’t paint my truck(PO did) so I don’t know what the cost was compared to a traditional paint job.

becareful when you spray the clear, if you spray flat clear to thick, it will be super gloss.

Happened to a friend on his engine bay.

a shop is doing this for me

buy a couple cans of krylon and touch up when needed

nope… it won’t match at all, chalks like crazy and fades. The only way to touch up flat paint(like hot rod flatz) is repaint the entire panel and 9/10 it will look entirely different.
Single stage flat paint is much harder to match because humidity/temperature/every aspect is so much more important than normal paint. Plus, you cant just buff it to match…

That is why I would never have anything other than a weekend car flat black.

it will match perfectly if this is the method you use to paint it.