Flex...

I love Joe Overton’s car. Saw it in person a few times and I must say, that thing is MEAN.

if you would have said that to me maybe 3 years ago i would have had to do so…but anyone who knows wtf a car is knows that without tq your not going anywhere…thus why 13 seconds big rigs have tq numbers in the thousands. sure your in love with hondas…you have your reasons, but anyone with a big enough wallet goes the way of v8 for the obvious reason that there is no replacement for displacement.

oh and lets not forget…the ls7 makes 505hp at 6200 rpm…not even at it’s redline yet

my car makes 510 ft lbs @ 2800 rpms STOCK!

nascar sucks, and so does this thread. someone get the video of the mustang launching all distorted w/ mad preload.

This one ???

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/avatar10_0.gif

yuppers!

geah

yummy, i think i can see turbo pipes with red boots on them under the car

woot TORQUE FTW

x infinity

I been watching the Turbo Super Duty 4 cycler built up on Fiero Forum and those engines can hit 11-12k RPM range, but he plans around 8-9k range.:yum: Wish I could afford the many grand worth of parts he has dropped.:eek2:

Torque is more inportant on the street then HP is anyday. HP is a byproduct of torque. Torque is a measured figure. HP is a calculated figure.

I regularly spin mine to 6300, but don’t need more than 5900. It makes 530 ft lbs at 2900 rpm.

Then put a 500 ft lb V8 in a 2200-2300 lb car & it will go 9s too. And it could do it with 400 HP.

Most Ricers can’t run on the street in “drag” (or mega whp dyno) trim, because they need race fuel to work with the 20lb boost & usually 15 other excuses. These 900whp Hondas have the 500ft lbs at 10,000 rpm or higher. Show me a 900whp NA big block & it probably has 1000-1200 ft lbs of torque.

Again, I say most Ricers, as some actually have excellent combos that work well on the street.

You rarely ever see a 4 cyl twisting & bending a car like in the first pic in this thread.

blah blah blah, “but nascar…”, “but this one guy i know…”, " i read in a forum…", blah blah blah,run what YOU brung. if you aint got nothing to back up your talk then get off other peoples coat tails.

Hey, I was counting you in the most ricers comment. I guess I should have said import. My bad.

My nova crosses the 1320 at 8200rpm and hard limits 8500… heck, it doesnt start making power till after 4k!! (468bbc)

…this thread is a downward spiral

I can save it!

praise the lord for booooooooooobies!!!

woot!

Q: Where are all the domestics in F-1, JGTC, endurance races, or any race with turns for that matter?

A: They flew out of turn one into the trees, that’s where.