Float Tanks locally?

anyone know if there are any float tanks (sensory deprivation) locally at any spas? if u dont know what im talking about you probably cant help me but thanks, i want to know before i drive to TO for it

[quote=“MicaH”"]

anyone know if there are any float tanks (sensory deprivation) locally at any spas? if u dont know what im talking about you probably cant help me but thanks, i want to know before i drive to TO for it

[/quote]

yes… if this can save a drive to TO… that would be super

only ones i know of are in TO

what stop repeating me

ugh… thanks for nothing nick

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“SkunkApe,post:5,topic:38990"”]

ugh… thanks for nothing nick

:stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

:heart:

I think you are screwed, closest float tank I know of in NY is in NYC.

[quote=“Rx3,post:7,topic:38990"”]

I think you are screwed, closest float tank I know of in NY is in NYC.

[/quote]

yea, there are quite a few in NYC. Too bad there is none around here.

Looks like a trip to TO will happen.

always wondered why people do these things?

Ultimate relaxation?

whats the point?

WHAT IS A TRANQUILITY TANK?

· A Tranquility Tank is a stimulation-free environment enabling you to reach a deep neurological still-point in the midst
of our hectic urban life. As you close the door, light and sound disappear. Supersaturated with huge amounts of
Epsom salts, the soothingly warm water allows your body to float effortlessly, freed from the stress of gravity. Deep
states of relaxation and brain-wave patterns normally associated with advanced meditation are commonly experienced.

WHAT IS IT LIKE TO FLOAT?

· Floating is very pleasant. You are completely in control of the environment, free to enter or leave at any time.
Afterward, your sensory awareness is enhanced, similar to an increased appreciation for food that one experiences
after fasting. You feel deeply rested, often experiencing childlike inner peace that has been impossible to find in the
outer world.

I thought they used to use sensory deprivation for torture in the past…?

this doesn’t sound like it would be a nice thing to do :stuck_out_tongue:

^^ shut it…

it’s gonna be awesome.

whats the cost, I wanna try this

$90

90$ for how long? unlimited time?

and when are you bastards going. I want to come.

[quote=“The_Russian,post:15,topic:38990"”]

90$ for how long? unlimited time?

and when are you bastards going. I want to come.

[/quote]

1.5 hours

the place only has one tank, so group trips are not an optionnn

and the reason why the body feels afloat, the water is at a controlled temperature of 93.5 degrees, there is so much salt that your body floats absolutely with no effort the same temp as your skin, so you cant feel anything at all, so your body ceases to sense touch, sound, sight, taste etc

i have an audio clip where joe rogan talks about it, he owns a tank and after listening to the audio you might want to try it out at least once

Ohk, I still want to give it a try at some point.

sound like just what I need

we were talking about this at work today. The guy i work with said that there is one in rochester, i’ve never heard of it though so i doubt it, but i’ll try to find out.

theres a site that tells you where u can float aorund the country and closest to us so far is Toronto, so yea if theres one in roc def lemme know