Fluent German translator / ebay.de / Overseas communicator

To make this brief-

One of my friends is looking to purchase a part for his car that is
available somewhere in Germany. He wants to pay someone to handle the
leg-work, in exchange for the part he wants.

If anyone speaks/works in fluent German, or can offer a reference it would be
of great help. My only other idea at this point is to go to GAP and ask them.
He works at Autobahn Centre on Central, and tried all his resources with no luck,
so asked me to post here.

No, he isn’t looking for “overnight parts” - its a manual trans. for his diesel merc.

Thanks Shift-

tell your ‘friend’ hes a fucking fag.

lrn2googletranslate fagfagfagfag

Use an online translator?

Ok, its not that easy- he is trying to locate/purchase something
in a different country. It will be necessary to speak with part-yards
over the phone.

Soundboards won’t do the trick with this one, thanks

You should ask your friend to check with this group that does meetups in German in the Albany area. If he takes time to do a couple e-mails and he should be able to come up with a reference fast.

www.meetup.com/german-340/

http://german.meetup.com/340/

Second idea is to go through craigslist and put something in under “services”. You could find some low cost help there, maybe even free, depending on how much translation is needed.

Last idea, call up RPI or SUNYA and check with the language department. A professor or TA may be able to refer you or do the work on the side (more likely the TA, I would hope a tenured prof has better things to do than call up Bogart Autohaus and ask for parts :lol)

I minored in German and was capable of conversation at some point but only remember bits and pieces now- unfortunately not enough to help your friend.

Hope he finds what he is looking for.

Oh, I’m not sure if there is an office around here or not but there are companies that specialize just in translating. Try looking one of them up or posting a CL, I’m sure there are some German speakers in the cap. region that would more than happy to help.

PM sent:thumbup

my buddy phil could do it. if hes not in iraq.

Or I could have Robert Dubler translate, since he lives in Switzerland :slight_smile:

Thanks man, this will probably be the route hes looking to take

Who?Me?no PM

Thanks man, let me know

Say What
If he has the time, this seems like a very legit option

:bangheadPM sent again, last one went the wrong direction

Lol, i’m driving that very truck around right now. I should pull the CCW’s out of storage and out them back on it :rofl

Yeah, if you can give me some specific details, I’ll talk to amanda and Robert and see what they recommend/can do. I’m their hired hand here in the states when they want to buy a car/car parts and ship them overseas to switzerland. Just did that to the 2010 Camaro SS and the jag E-Type.

BUMP

Can someone please find me the total shipped of this Ebay ad to 12206?
http://cgi.ebay.pl/Mercedes-W124-300E-Getriebe-Schaltgetriebe-1262610501-/170479850950?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item27b16415c6

Thanks in advance !!

why? you dont need that, don’t worry about it.

did you try logging in and send them a message ebay translates it into german and vice versa when messaging be when ebay country servers. I bought a lot of stuff for my audi and such from euro ebay

[LEFT][SIZE=3] To the sale a transmission transmission 1262610501 stands[/SIZE]
[/LEFT]

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }td p { margin-bottom: 0cm; }p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }td p { margin-bottom: 0cm; }
p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }td p { margin-bottom: 0cm; } [LEFT][SIZE=3] Mercedes a W124 300 E, year of construction originates from: 07.1985, Tkm: 165000, HP: 188, switch, notchback (building time: 12.1984 - 06.1993)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Vehicle with electrical Ausenspiegel, electrical sun roof, ABS, central, removable trailer coupling[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [SIZE=2]Engine code[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT]M103.980 (construction period 01.85-12.85)
[/LEFT]

[LEFT]    [SIZE=2]Transmission code[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT]    

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]    [SIZE=2]Lacquer number[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT]White

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]    [SIZE=2]Key number[/SIZE]  [/LEFT]
      [LEFT]    [SIZE=2]zu2: 0709[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT]    [SIZE=2]zu3: 372[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
   <b>Importantly!</b> 

The vehicle specifications mentioned, esp. KBA numbers, correspond to those dismantle vehicle.

At some partial’s groups however an employment is also possible for other vehicles. Thus the vehicle specifications indicated here should not agree with you the available,

take up please contact with us. We advise you gladly!
td p { margin-bottom: 0cm; }p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } [LEFT][SIZE=3] Customs traces otherwise are in the functional one and examining good have were entitled[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]CREDIT SEVERAL PARTS OF THE CAR, WITH INTEREST SIMPLY MAILEN OR CALLS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]UNDER 0151/17759308 or [SIZE=3]0172/85 55 076 (ALSO AT WEEKDAYS ATTAINABLE)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]OPENING TIMES: Mo - Fr 08:00 - 18:00 clock SA ACCORDING TO AGREEMENT[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT] [SIZE=3]Office I 08431/53 60 270[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [SIZE=3]Office II 08431/53 60 274[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [SIZE=3]Fax 08431/53 60 273[/SIZE] [/LEFT]

[SIZE=2]ASK AN EXAMINING IT BEFORE THE PURCHASE REGISTER ACCURACY TO YOUR VEHICLE!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]WE TAKING OVER NO WARRANTY OVER IT WHETHER THEIR OF AUTO FOR THE USE THIS ARTICLE IS SUITABLE. ASK YOURSELF INQUIRING IT FROM THERE WITH YOUR CONTRACT DEALER WHETHER THIS CONSTRUCTION UNIT FITS INTO YOUR VEHICLE.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]PLEASE ATTENTION IT AROUND NEW PARTS of SONERN AROUND USED PARTS DOES NOT ACT HERE AND THUS ALSO CUSTOMS TRACES AVAILABLE IS, WE BATTLES mostly ACCIDENT of VEHICLES.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]EUROPE FORWARDING EXPENSES INQUIRING IT REQUEST BEFORE THE PURCHASE FOR YOUR COUNTRY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]WE DISPATCHING AFTER:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]BELGIUM, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, ITALY, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LUX CASTLE, THE NETHERLANDS, AUSTRIA, POLAND, PORTUGAL, SWEDEN, SLOVAKIA, SPAIN, CZECH REPUBLIC, HUNGARY.[/SIZE]

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } OTHER COUNTRIES AND PRICES ON REQUEST
[SIZE=3]Packing and packaging and materials, as well as its legal disposal (HERE CLICKING!!! )[/SIZE]

After receipt of the commodity we would be grateful for a positive evaluation.

We give ours best it with our commodity are content, if they should not be content nevertheless times to then evaluate please not hastily negatively,

separate take up they please with us contact.

Somewhere in the auction page I read contact them via ebay messaging for shipping outside of the country

Thanks for the help- hopefully I can get a response back from them
before the auction ends though +rep

Lrn2GoogleFag