Flywheel bolt snapped

hey, i bought a used flywheel for quite some time and today i was going to install it onto my motor, sitting in my garage. only thing is i looked at all the screw holes and then all of a sudden theres half of a bolt stuck in one of them!

edit it is the bolts that bolt up the pressure plate to tha flywheel

now i dunno if i should just forget bout this one snapped bolt and continue installing my flywheel and clutch, or should i take it to a machine shop and tell them to take it out?

if i do take it to a shop, how much would they charge for this one snapped bolt?

you can do it your self. but it’s delicate work, you need to follow these steps

Get a set of extractors generally about $25 for a set of small ones

1 Drill a small hole into the center of the snapped bolt.
2 Apply generous amounts of heat via propane torche or AX/O2 if available
3 insert the extractor and turn out.

you need to be carefull not to drill into the threading on the flywheel or you will need to re-tap it.

I’ve done this a few times myself, it’s not too much fun but it’s not too hard either.
I’d offer to do it myself, but someone broke one of our extractor and we only have bigger ones left…

lol well i dont really wanna do it myself since if i screw up my flywheel i waste all tha money i paid for it.

and this bolt u cant really see it until u actually look right into tha hole.

PM me and I can have this problem cured for you. My shop is located at Keele & Steeles (171 Limestone Cr.).

If I have the ez-out bit for it I will do it for free, if I need the bit then I will ask you to purchase it for me.

Either way, good luck

^ great more people schleping their shops in threads… this is what PM’s are for.

Wtf he said it was free. So whats your problem?

missed the point, same thing could have been said in a pm., easily… and I’m not singling out this I’m including all the people who schlep thier shops someplace other then the predefined points… it’s too bad the mods don’t/can’t/won’t lead by example on this… can’t get blood from stone I suppose.