FML blown trans

Well I brought the WS6 back to LMR to have them clean up the tune and they said the trans is stuck in 4th and it is pretty much f-ed.

It was rebuilt by 6speedrebuilders.com like 5 years ago per the previous owner with receipt.

Wasn’t really looking to drop $2000 right now. :-/

F@!*

How much would a th400 swap be ugh. Just had to vent.

Jakes performance 4l80e!

i see your in houston, a drifter on zilvia just had his t56 rebuilt by Texas Drivetrain Performance and he hasnt stopped raving about it, and he said he didnt have to drop a shit load of cash on it either

Yea, as dftsilvia said, TDP is right up the road from you; I’ve heard great things about them in regards to workmanship, quality, and price. $2k should be way above budget, holding it’s not something major that’s F’d.

Probably a dumb question but is it worth it to rebuild a transmission a second time?

welp lmr said 450 RR and 1500 rebuild…

ugh

yeah why wouldnt it be. the guy im talking about has a pretty nasty ls1 s13. full formula d status. he blew his tranny like 3 times and had this Texas Drivetrain Performance rebuild it the last time. he said the shift feels is amazing, and the tranny has held up to a gang of events now.
if its one motorsport where a tranny takes a beating its deff drifting

Thanks for the tip I might go there!

Update:

$1200 to just fix what is wrong in the trans
$1500 to rebuild and fix what is wrong
plus $460 install

OOF. that fn sucks. :frowning:

Dan

Question: Do you think the shop is responsible at all for the trans failing?

I’ve never had a problem with it and it is a built T-56 with 31 spline shafts. I was actually racing with it this past weekend with zero problems.

if it wasnt broken when you dropped it off, they broke it.

I didn’t know so that’s why I asked. I just wasn’t sure if there was an extent as to how many times a tranny could be rebuilt. Learn something every day…

ZERO problems when I dropped off the car Monday morning for them to re-do the tune they messed up the first time.

Saturday night I had the car out running and there were no hiccups. Out ran a bunch of cobras…now boom at their shop while re-doing the tune. :frowning:

Seems kinda fishy, especially with the 31 spline shaft… those are known to be stout. But this might be just a syncro or gear issue not a shaft issue, so who knows. Hard to tell without getting inside it.

They said they think its a fork issue

No forking way

Yup, Forked hard

Shift forks don’t get bent or break just from doing a 4th gear pull on a dyno unless something else in the trans grenades.

Shift forks get damaged typically through high rpm shifting. Broke my 2/3 fork in my T56 years ago.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/articletype/articleview/articleid/2208/project-v8-mazda-rx-7-choosing-a-transmission-the-tremec-t56-magnum.aspx

^ Seems to be similar to your problem. May wanna check it out.

It was getting retuned for better driveability so it saw more than just a 4th gear pull on a dyno. You were getting a 500whp car worked on. Even though it blows, they didn’t build the trans and aren’t responsible for it. Just make now so you can do 250 shot off the line and rip huge wheelies with a stick over and over.