fml... h20 tank just busted...

So now your back to a tank that will corrode out in 10 years, takes up just as much space, is more complicated, more expensive system, that requires you to run your water for a few 30 seconds all the time just to get warm water and won’t work during low flow situations.

Sign me up.

Wouldn’t you want to take advantage of the fact that there is already a boiler on site?

The tankless technology is not quite there yet. Buy another regular one for now and by the time it dies in 10 or so years, since all appliances are pretty much disposable now, then it will be time to go tankless.

I actually called the guy who works for Titan, they are a company in Miami that is making these tankless water heaters.

I explained him that I lived in Buffalo, and told him the size of my house.

He recommended a unit that takes 2 220 lines (4 switches in the breaker box). I don’t have the room in the breaker box on the one floor for it, so I’ll be sticking with a tank unit.

Lowes is expensive. Home depot has a hotpoint water heater that is 279 or something. It is the same thing as the GE (made by GE actually), but they put less of a warranty on it.

If I lived in Florida, or somewhere warm, then I would go tankless, but up here 2 220 lines is nuts…

meh… in my black friday shopping i picked up at kenmore waterheater. Only took me 40 mins to hook up since i did the removal of the old last night. hot water is so nice right now…

It’s so easy to replace a water heater… can’t believe the places charge what they do to install them. Good to hear you’re all set!

Should have dropped me a PM son. Or grabbed my number from Travis. Would have given you a hand.

I know, at the time i was just thinking “let me just get this done before 20 ft of snow falls and the temperature really drops.” That would of been my luck.