FOR ALL THE HYUNDAI HATERS!

Hyundai takes Detroit’s 2009 North American car-of-the-year award!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/08/autos/2009_car_of_the_year/?postversion=2009011110

last year the malibu won…no one stopped hating that…

If chevy took this award do you think the forum would jump the bandwagon and go buy cobalts?

Anybody realize this is a DETROIT award? No shit gm won it last year what a surprise :rofl:

This is the first time in history that a Korean car company has ever won it :tup:

And i thought the only bandwagons on here were gm and honda??? LSx… no vtec…no 408…no k20

I think that car is actually pretty damn badass. As a Hyundai hater they are making it very difficult for me.

Who cares?

I guess it really easy to hate on the underdog lol…

Walter why did you copy 2turboz sig?

:tup: congrats to Hyundai, they have turned their stuff around

But German, Swedish, Japanese manufacturers have all won the award multiple times so it’s not like this is a break through that a non-Detroit company won the award

meh.

You know the economy is falling apart when you see “Detroit car of the year: HONDA CIVIC”

I am impressed with the companies in the US that are really starting to compete. Saturn, Chevy, Ford and now Hyundai were a few of the companies I have seen break their norm and come out with some pretty cool cars.

That was 2006
Then Saturn Aura and Chevy Malibu

I will agree as well that it seems like a very nice car

:tup: to them for turning their shit around

It is just like when the Japanese cars/bikes first started coming over. It is likely that eventually the Korean cars will become up to par with industry standards. However saying “Attention Hyundai Haters” is rather ridiculous. “Attention Racists, we have a black president” is hardly going to make racists like African American’s any more, just like this will do little to sway peoples opinions on Hyundai’s that “hate” them. Over time their reputation will change and more people will look at their cars as they change how they operate and design/build automobiles. It doesn’t make any of their previous attempts at vehicles any less of a steaming pile of Korean fly crap.

Besides, auto awards are like medals at the Special Olympics… are there really any cars out there that haven’t won some sort of car of the year award?

It will be interesting to see where Hyundai goes from here, and how the Genesis fares once it is out of magazines. It will still take quite a while to get rid of the Hyundai stigma no matter how proficient a car the build.

Just what our auto industry needs. Not that auto awards mean anything, but still.

I’ve had a couple of Hyundai’s as rentals over the last couple of years, and I have yet to drive one that didn’t have me thinking “Wow, this thing really sucks.”

Well maybe if your rental is a $40k Genesis next time you would like it.

Granted I can not think of any $40k rental cars I wouldn’t like.

Edit: I know they start in the low 30’s, but one with the larger engine plus the Technology Package and you are over 40

What have you had for a rental? a 17K 4 cyl sonata?

did they win because they showed up?

HOLY FUCK NO ONE CARES!!!

Sorry, Billy Fucillo has forever ruined Hyundais and Kias for me, I will never even walk within 100ft of the things