for the computer geeks

How do you network guy’s do patch management? We are trying to figure out the best way to rollout the microsoft patches and other application software to about 800 pc’s with most of them being on a 128k wan line. I know there are programs like IPatch and GFI, but how do you guy’s handle it?

SUS server to take care of patches over time… built into AD… free.

also if critical patches come out i write bat files to do the silent installs on logon… !!!

f paying for sms…

hun???

we used SMS at my old job and it was a pain in the ass

We are still mostly a Novell network, but slowly moving to Microsoft. We don’t use SMS. I’m not sure if novell Zenworks does that or not.

we use marimba tuner here and are in the same boat with movin from novell to AD

:rofl: ouch

hehehe… i used to work novell… got up to 3.5 with groupwise 5… dropped that shit asap…

<ogre> NEEERRRRRDDSSS!!! </ogre>

as i type that with faux html tags… lol such irony

yeah well today I hooked up my datacom fiberoptimo line to my hard drive transducer 3.8 and set it up so that the flux capacitor ran in line with my TDR EG311 adding redundancy to my crappy old B9-EGMC. Now my WAN LAN is running SOOOOOO much faster!

the new novell 6.5 which is built on Linux is a pretty descent server OS. Zenworks does do the patch management after all. Zenworks>SMS

I used to be strictly a Microsoft guy, but after using Novell for a few years, it’s pretty damn easy to use. It doesn’t have the application support like Microsoft, but other than that I have no complaints.

walla walla bing bang?

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“TDR EG311”?

d00d, that is soo teh lame.

join us in the 21st century and step up to EG313t…

L053R.

5tfu U h0m0 f@g, b3f0r3 i R0x0rZ j0o!

i know, i know… I wanted the EG313t SOO bad, but I was on MIRC chatting with some h4x0rz and they posted a picture of a girl without a shirt on, and my penis became stiff and I touched it and then it dribbled all over my motherboard, so my mom said that I would have to use my allowance money to replace that so I didnt have enough money. Hopefully ill get one from my birthday then i’ll be ub4r 31337!

hahahah this thread is so funny

just have them all download the shit themselves… heheh can you tell i work for an ISP!!!