For the GTO guy headed to Mexico Or anyone else who likes sludge and Mexican gas!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=559336

BMW + High sulfur Mexican gas= AW SHIT!

wow

that is very shitty

damn!

Looks like brains.

jesus, ive seen 250k+ civics that looked better then that.

I would be doing changes every 7 or so if thats the case.

im surprised that your are supposed to go nearly 10K miles between oil changes in the first place

That is THE most extreme sludge issue I’ve ever seen. I’m amazed he didn’t notice serious issues. One question though, why wasn’t he looking inside the valve cover when changing the oil? I’ve never even heard of a Honda with sludge, but I look anyway.

Maybe Justin can shed some light on this?

oh u bastard! yes thats why im here in the states, much better gas man!!! im working and all of it goes to money for gas for my family back home haha :bigok:

:rofl:

but wow thats crazy

wow that reminds me of the Saabs at work. Saab warrenty will only pay for oil changes every 15k miles. Well since most americans r super cheap and expect the warrenty company to pay for everything they wait every 15k instead of atleast paying for 1 oil change at 7500. Well recently cochran has had saabs between 45k-75k miles with huge sludge problems.

amazing, but then again ,I’ve seen some really nasty sediment in the bottom of gas tanks in this country…

BMW in America has it’s oil change intervals at about 15k miles. A lot of the high mileage engines look like this with the valve cover off, see it all the time in Pittsburgh. He probably doesn’t check coolant and oil level often enough, BMW’s use coolant and oil, you have to stay on top of it, especially in hot climates. He probably ran the motor hot. High sulfer fuel might trash the o2 sensors, cats and injectors, heat and poor maintenance causes sludge. I’d sell that car.

Pretty much every owner ive seen sells theirs once their warranty is up.

I only know of a few people with older bmws out of warranty, they usualy race them and thats why.