doesnt make sense to me.

why is my oil change every 15,000 miles? i brought it to BMW because i now have almost 8,000 miles on it and didnt even realize it but they said i have another 7,000 miles before i even need it to be changed. what the hell kind of oil is this? haha

oil made for the EXTREME DRIVING MACHINE

It’s JDM or synthetic. One or the other. I’m leaning towards JDM, though.

:wow :idiots

That’s what you get for buying a nice car… 12-15k oil changes FTW. If it’s clean and filled up, fuck it.

haha JDM.

idk i was just surprised when they said that because i have never heard of a car needing an oil change every 15k miles

I would NEVER EVER let my oil go to 3K let alone 15K.

But, a lot of oil saved if we all did that.

But, it’s because your dad owns a restaurant and has mad pull in the Capital Region. All of us losers must suffer with normal oil changes at 3K. Sucks for us.

Oil changes every 3k are a waste on synthetic oil. For cars using conventional oil I would change that every 3k.

i changed my oil at 3k in the si and it still looked brand new, reguardless I will continue to change it at 3k

Please explain this gem.

BTW, I am going to pick on you today and tomorrow. Fair warning.

Mine gets changed every 5-6k miles…always super clean. As well as my tranny fluid…Had about 10-12k miles, was crystal clear!

How was it after the motor imploded? :slight_smile:

clean with nothing in it.

is that what the balt forums say :idiots

Fail on my behalf.

Indeed. The motor didn’t “blow”… The pieces of sparkplug that caused the damage blew out the exhaust.

Someone search for the test where 3 synthetic oils were tested and it took something like 18,000 miles for the oil to actually start breaking down.

3,000 mile oil changes were mandatory in older cars, yes. In new(er) cars it is a waste of money unless the car genuinely calls for it. Just go by what the owners manual says and you won’t have any issues.

Lucky.

Oil (regardless of dino vs syn) can get dirty.

3k oil change is a total myth and you are a fool if you are doing this in your daily drivers. I change the semi-synthetic in my Corolla at 5K and I consider that conservative. If I was running full synthetic I’d go 7500 no question.

He’s right this time, street tune thread or not.

I thought the same thing before I did some research and had my oil tested. Modern synthetic oils and motors that are designed for them can go looong periods of time without oil changes. I have another 5800 to go before my next oil change in the DD (15k total) and I’ll have it tested at Blackstone right before I send it in and they’ll say its good for another 5k.