Putting Mobil 1 Extended Performance to the test...

Changed the oil in the Corolla today with these products-

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Images/Products/M1EP10W30_top.gif
http://www.saleonautomotivebestprice.com/images_products/Mobil_1_M1_110_Extended_Performance_Oil_Filter.jpg

(my filter was M1-103 as I recall)

I don’t feel like changing the oil in the winter, or paying someone to do it, so I’m going to put it to the test. Expensive oil change for sure, but if I can run it 3x as long and do 3x less the work, it’s cheaper in the long run. Will be running it 15K miles and sending it to Blackstone.

what was the cost?

but but…mobil 1 is for race cars…

9.xx a quart, and 13.xx for the filter. Call it 55 bucks after tax.

Let’s compare that to a normal oil change…

4.xx a quart, and 3.xx for the filter. Call it 24 bucks.

So, considering that I run ‘normal’ oil in the car for 5000 miles, and if I can run the Mobil 15000 miles, it’ll save money. Of course, that leaves the question of how far can you run the ‘normal’ oil. Even if you’re breaking even on cost, it’s cutting your workload/disposal in half.

With all of that said, I don’t mind (and actually enjoy) the work, but my garage(s) are occupied for the winter and I don’t feel like doing it outside, or paying someone.

Don’t let Pickup Paul see this.

:rofl

I do roughly 12K+ on my truck with Delco filter and Synthetic Amsoil.
In for results of your test once the time comes.

I have 5w-20 Mobil1 and KN filter on the TL currently. The minder says its at 60% life with about 3500 miles on it. In for your results.

Is this going to zero on the OLM?

regular oil change for my truck is 58 bucks.Buying 3 gallons a rip.FML.

$35 or so to change the oil in mine. It takes 8 quarts so I buy two 5 quart jugs because its cheaper than buying 8 quarts. Fucking Walmart keepings jacking up the price of oil too. Motorcraft oil used to be around $12 or $13 but now its over $17 and a filter is almost $3 these days.

Yeah, and you’re draining money into the pan when you change it@3K

Id rather have extra insurance that its going to last since I plan on keeping a long time.

I was always taught by my dad and grandfathers to change the oil every 3k.

This ain’t your daddy or grandpoppy’s oil PJB!

Went 20k on motorcraft synth 5w-20. Didn’t even look that bad when i drained it. You can go 5 jellies.

Think with yer’ dipstick jellies!

subscribed for results, was always curious about this

Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

A guy I know’s dad had an old CRX that he didnt change the oil for over 40k.

My dad bought a Scout in the late '70’s and had to get the oil out with a screwdriver because it was full of sludge and plugging the drain hole.

I’ll update it when the time comes. There will be some make-up oil (the car uses oil), take that for whatever it’s worth. I’ll only top it off with the same oil,for testing purposes. Any other time it’d be the closest/cheapest thing.