Putting Mobil 1 Extended Performance to the test...

I went 10k on the CL with 5-30 Mobil 1 synthetic. Oil looked almost as good as when it went in when I finally drained it. I’m at 6k now with my oil on the bmw, let me know how this goes for you!

pfft…11 qts + ZDDP additive in the 911. Your oil changes are cheap in comparison :smiley:

I’d be interested in seeing the data sheet when this is all said and done Travis.

i run Royal Purple in everything i own, except motorcycles they get Amsoil. Cars/trucks get changed every 3k regardless and bikes are 1500. Oil is always clean when i do a change, so im sure i can go longer but i sleep better knowing its changed clean than waiting till its spent. I also dont mind spending the money on oil changes, but thats just me. All 3 vehicles are 60-80 each and both bikes are 55-60. I also change do a tune-up once a year. Waste of money im sure but thats the ol’ OCD kicking in ha

EDIT: However my buddy does run amsoil in his titan for 10k i believe with now 140k with no issues. To each his own.

Ha. I gotta ask why you’re using a ZDDP additive? IMO, any high performance, non ILSAC GF-4 motor oil is going to have plenty (1300-1500ppm). Too much ZDDP is actually not a good thing.

I dont even change my oil

fixed

thats because you change cars instead

No I keep them long enough I just choose not to change it

will be sending out a oil sample on Monday to get tested , from my duramax. 12,xxx miles on Rotella and a Napa filter.

what is the turn around time on blackstone labs? i buy the $15 kit from napa and sent it to Ohio or Georgia ($3) shipping

I go to about 15% as the lowest. Usually I change around 20% +/-. Its definitely black when I change it lol, but I think Amsoil guarantees it to 25K under “normal” service and 15K under severe.

I used the same oil in my STi with an Amsoil Maximum Efficiency oil filter and I never had an issue with oil consumption. I changed that every 6K due to fear of potential issues with the rings and lack of OLM.

Heres one study Consumer Reports did on synthetic oils: http://www.ganoa.org/Motor_oil2.htm

I should have sent my oil in from my G6. Had ~30+k on it, was still mostly transparent. Regular ass conventional 5w30 garbage oil with a shitfuck fram extrashit filter.

This is what I was going to ask about.

I believe we have had similar conversations on oil changes. I love your recent testing theory phase. LOL. I hope we can sticky them when you get the results. I run regular ass 5w30 5k plus all the time. 5k oil changes are easy to remember too.

I’ve always put stuff to the test…not much for relying on the ‘well he said’ way of mind.

How much oil do you estimate the car will use over the course of the test? Just wondeing how skewed the results will/won’t be.

:thumb datz how I rollz too

I do Mobil 1 5W-30 every 5k with new filter. That $50 change doesn’t bother me one bit.

I just switched from AMSOIL cause my local NAPA never seems to have 5W-30 available in AMSOIL…and Mobil 1 is always available and should I ever need to top off, I can buy it anywhere including Walmart. AMSOIL is only sold in certain stores.

Although, it probably doesn’t matter as long as you aren’t mixing Dino Oil with Synthetic or different weights.

Stop shouting amsoil.

I bet you thought that rep was a +.

NOPE, negged.