mobil 1 extended performance

well, ive been wondering if anyone else has used this oil. I have about 7k miles on it so far and its says its garunteed for 15k. I dont know if i believe this!!! What are your thought on this oil???

I think i might go ahead and change my oil. buuuuut then again i think i might not. idk

Sure the oil is garunteed for 15k, but how long is the oil filter you’re using good for?

wait, your supposed to change the filter???lol j/k I never even looked into the filter life span. It is a purolator and to be honest im not too crazy about it. Its hard to find a good filter ofr my car at the local parts store. I just need to order a bunch from pelicanparts so i have them at hand.

hmm, maybe ill just change the filter. Its a cartridge style and takes about 30secs to change on top the motor.

When i look at the oil it looks, smells good.:shrugs: Doesnt look too contaminated. I think im just gunna change both. I dont see any reason to risk it.

has anyone else ran this oil to 15k???

yea change the filter u should be good.

i probably put 10k+ on regular mobil 1…
but i did not have the chemical analysis done so i can give
no results…
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

it was not chunky or anything :smiley:

yea, i like to change my oil when it gets chunky, just like i like to change my milk when it goes chunky.:smiley:

i’m using that oil and a k&n filter also guarenteed for about that long i think…but i still change at least every 5k miles, which is still too much i think, most people recommend i change mine every 3k miles, and i’d rather not take ANY chances with my car…

I ran reg generic oil for 13k on one of my cars :stuck_out_tongue:

I change my Mobil 1 after every two days of use. My first change was 33 miles, this second one will be ~500 miles.

WHY? Changing synthetic oil that soon is like pissing money down the drain. Stop over I will give you regular motor oil take the difference and burn it with the torch for you

Because I drive my car harder in two days than most forum members in two years.

I had about 8000 miles on my castrol syntec… still looks clean. Next time i’ll change it at 10k miles.

I use extended performance in my car. Usually change around 5-7, but have let it go til 10-12k on occasion. Was still good when it came out too.

i don’t care if you held your engine on a dyno under load at 7000 rpm for 33 miles that is a waste. your not going to break down the lubercation properties of a oil in one hour of use unless your engine is damaged and has massive blowby and coolant in the oil.

The 33 miles was an extreme case, as my O2 sensor is/was bad and I was averaging 4~5 miles per gallon mostly idle time in grid for auto-X, and the oil smelled a little gassy.

Still after two days will be the norm…

you probably know but if you have a O2 sensor that is bad the car will actually run better with the sensor disconnected. that may be a ford thing but bad O2= disconnect it dirty/bad maf disconnect that. it just makes you run a bit rich… ona ford at least.

I don’t know what I’m going to do anymore…

I bought my car with 49K on it; car ran great. Switched to Mobil 1 right away, and started K&N filters at 60K. I was changing the filter/oil every spring when the car came out of storage, and was only putting about 5-7K on the car every season; when I put more than 7K it got another oil change.

But…

When I pulled the motor at 97K miles… Every journal on the crank was scored; multiple severely. Not sure what caused this; but I’m leary of K&N filters now; that’s for sure.

I had a bad O2 sensor on my probe and it ran like total ass, it just bogged down and died afer 3k rpms. ofcorse it had other issues also so…there ya go.

I don’t think anyone on this forum should wait 15k miles with their driving habits. I’m using Mobil 1 extended and I change every spring and fall. If you’re changing your filter you might as well do oil while you’re under the car.

I still stick to the every 3K miles changes.