For those avid racers...

I know this not totally car related, but i don’t know which to get, the Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel or the Logitech G25. I’ve heard really good things about both, but what i really wanted to know is if the Logitech G25 is really worth the $300+? Since the G25 has an additional clutch pedal for realism, do you have to press the clutch to shift (like a real car), or can you still just slap it into gear when you’re racing? Because if you can just slap it into gear w/o depressing the clutch, then what’s really the point of a 3rd pedal :S

I’m just curious to know if the newer racing games out there (NFS Shift, GT4/5) actually incorporate the clutch usage while you race? I’m leaning towards the Driving Force GT atm, but i want to hear it what you guys think?

Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel
Scroll down and see it in action!
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=018493&cid=GAM.342

Logitech G25
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=011550&cid=GAM.342

so much on youtube about this thing… its WICKED!! i was shown it by my boy and i was just like DAM!!

FML!

I had like an essay written about this topic just now, and somehow I couldnt post and it got deleted.

Cliffnotes:

• Get the G25
  • If you like having all the new gizmos and gadgets, wait for the G27 to be available
  • If you don’t plan on playing real sims, or at least decent racing games like the GT series, LFS, GTR, iRacing, Rfactor, etc, get the DF:GT.

g25 ftw its awesome.

Does the clutch pedal have as much resistance as a real clutch pedal?

yes it does, so does the brake pedal, the gas pedal feels like a gas pedal

Definitely don’t get the Driving Force GT – it’s a great “economy” wheel, but if you’re an “avid racer”, go for the G25 or G27.

Here’s a video review of the 25 vs. 27:

Excellent. Now if only the car would respond to the clutch pedal in game the same way it would inmreal life. It’d be nice to feel the effects of a sloppy shift, or subpar shifting instead of the perfect shift that has been in games thus far.

That dumb slut said the G27 was the predecessor to the G25… how about not using big words without knowing what they mean?

LOL. The main points for me about the G27 were:

• much quieter (won’t disturb roomates/parents/spouses, etc. when you’re ripping on it at 4 am)
  • adjustable pedals for better heel-toe configuration
  • more solid shifter (but missing the tip tronic stick mode)

All in all, the G25 is probably the best bang for the buck, but the G27 IS a bit better.

I’ll stick with my G25 for now.

Is the clutch pedal essential in those games? I.e. Will not be able to shift unless you depress the clutch? Clutch kick can make your vehicle lose traction in game?

Is the DF:GT compatible with PC’s too?

i know in LFS if you dont use the clutch when you shift it wont go into gear unless its rev matched. and you can clutch kick.

That’s wicked. If games are like this, then i would purchase the G25 no problem. :thumright: