ford 302 headers

well since i dont really know anything about these cars i thought i would ask this here

my dad owns a 69 mustang converted to fuel injection using a rebuild 1988 302 (he says 5.0!!) from a cougar

he used the entire wiring harness etc

we were wondering if there is anything out there to tune these ecu’s/motors and also we were looking for a nice header/intake manifold setup for it

its a 302 in a in a 1969 ford mustang chassis

There is a bunch of tuning options out there. The most popular is going with a SCT hand held tuner or a flip chip. If you go that route PM me and I can give you my tuners number to call.

As for headers, I’m sure all the major brands have something. You’ll just have to research. I’d probably say MAC or BBK would have something.
Intake would depend on heads and cam coupled with future goals.

well the factory intake basically is routed right into his shock tower bars so we are just looking for something that routes it differently

and i have no idea for brands, neither does he and he only wants to spend around 300 on a set of headers

First things first, is the car speed density or mass air?

88 SD …

headers can be had for $200 or less for that chassis …

as for intake … go to the junkyard and score a upper and lower from a explorer or mount. they can be had for $30 at M&M … grab the throttle body also

thanks i will definetly look into that :tup:

so any headers will work or will i need certain style to clear the body?

NA 302’s really don’t benefit much from tuning until you get into some serious power levels. Just set up fp and timing by hand…hit the track on a test n tune night.

For headers, try to find something with a one-piece flange…makes install MUCH easier.