Ford Dealership Fail; iPod Virus from Pirated Music Kills Factory Radios.

Yeah, it’s that dumb. Full read; Reddit - Dive into anything

… I left it on Line In for about a week or so without touching the satellite radio, and then found that when I pressed [AUX], it would not leave Line In, and nothing would happen. The dealership asked me if I had used an iPod with pirated music, and said that the pirated music likely contained a virus which had corrupted my car’s computer for audio, disabling satellite radio. The system needed to be taken apart and ‘cleaned and reprogrammed’… $249.88

The technician stated that Fords run on Microsoft, and the antivirus is programmed to freeze when it detects a virus in a foreign object (ie song or picture on my phone), and that it detected this through the Aux cord when it “communicated with and read my phone”. He claims there was no virus in the system but that I “could imagine how bad it would be had it not frozen and let the virus in”. Also told me this is very common and in fact he had two in today. I asked him for a print of the test he ran when he plugged into the system and for a copy of the error code/statement and he said there was none because the aound system didnt communicate with him at all. I asked him how he knew what was wrong and he simply stated because he does it all the time, and he knows.

Lol

lol

Holy crap, that’s awesome! New profit center for my place! Thanks Josh!

LOL, typical service writer answer. god forbid someone doesnt just bend over and take your BS reason and your asked to provide proof.

i love idiots who think people actually beleive that shit.

i bet the guy came up with the whole story in bed one night and thought he was super duper clever

ugh i hate shitty sales guys.

if i ever heard one of my guys spewing that shit…

Some service guy is going to be looking for a job as this swings into damage control mode.

He should have just told the guy that his iPod accidently his radio