ford focus guys enter

just trying to fit something in my head. No i’m not planning anything but i’m trying to connect the dots.

3.7 DOHC
3.5 DOHC
3.4 DOHC
2.5 DOHC

hare the same belhousing bolt patterns and over all block dementions. Do the focus transmission share the same bellhousing bolt pattern’s?

I know a few taurus guys have been swapping the contour 5 speed transmissions onto the 3.4L SHO engines since they came in automatic only. would the focus transmissions also fit? and a slight stretch of that would the 6 speed focus SVT transmission fit?

FUCK! hang on, I had a novel typed out for ya and accidentally hit the back button

lets try this again. OK the KNOWN difference between the focus and the duratec 2.5 is that the output shafts from the trans are different diameters…the 2.5 being larger dia.

what i dont know for sure but is absolutely possible, is that the bellhousings could be different, even though the actual trans itself in BOTH cars is in fact the mtx75 5spd, and im pretty sure the trans itself has the same bolt pattern from trans>bellhousing…

If your lucky enough that they share the same pattern to bolt up to the motor, you COULD possible put a 6spd SVT focus trans on the car, but you would have to have an adapter sleeve made to slide onto the 6spd output shaft to create the necessary diameter for the 2.5 sized output shaft…but I dont know if the difference in diameter is great enough to have sufficient room for enough material to accomplish that.

EDIT: additionally, the 6spd is lighter and smaller, because it has 3 internal shafts as opposed to only two, and therefore also has two separate final drive ratios that it alternates between which is what makes them such an autocross and roadcourse monster.

Hope my knowledge helped lol.

it does actually. thanks. you woulent happen to have one kicking around would you?

nope, sorry lol you would think i do, I have a spare of almost every other part for the car including the engine, but no trans sorry

Have you googled the diameter of the output shafts? i wouldnt mind knowing for myself lol.