ford taurus > yamaha R6

2 pulls. both from a 45mph roll.

First pull I brake boosted second gear waiting for the bike to go first, waiting, waiting so I just go because I knew my stock brakes were about done holding the car back I instantly get the jump and apparently the bike messed up his launch or mis shifted I don’t remember but this was confirmed by another rider.

Next pull. Same 45mph pull as before but I didn’t brake boost I was just hanging ins second gear and punched it. We get a pretty even race and my car bumps the limiter at 8000rpm then finally decided to shift into third at 109mph then into 4th at 114pmh (fucking POS) but even in 4th the bike stayed right in my side til around 125 when I got on the brake. If the PCM would have let me have 3rd for more than a moment I would have began pulling with authority. either way i’m impressed at how nasty the cams made this car with a little more boost.

So, how long till this transmission explodes??..?

How much faster is it than it was when you followed me and jesse when we ran on the 190?

Because it was way slower than my sti at that time, and I my STi was still losing to bikes…

:io:

I am pretty sure the R6 is stock. My car has cams now and I question my boost gauge because the car feels REALLY fast for 10psi, but it has been so long since I drove it I can’t really say if it is faster than before. I know when I followed you guys I had a cracked piston and that is why my car blew a ton of oil on jesse’s car and I don’t think it had cams back then. So yeah it is probably a good bit faster now.

edit: oh and a bad head gasket cylinder.

that engine was done for. made it over 230K though so it had a good run.

:lol: I’m sure that guy is selling his bike nice he lost to a Taruasss, :tup:

Impressive. Nice kill!

what year r6? even the slowest r6s have the ability to run 11.2’s with an OK rider…

now from a roll, in the right gear, i dont see how he could have lost. what gear was he in? from what speed?

:tup: to you, :tdown: to what i think was poor riding.

not to hate, but i agree with will.

Yeah I’m gonna call bad riding, that’s not poosible. He mustve been in 6th and just hit the throttle

Agreed

lol i have seen many cars kill r6s. especially if the rider is 200lbs, more than half the weight of the bike.

The rider is a friend of mine and a better rider than a lot of guys I know. Its an 03 or 04 r6 with slip on and that’s it. He weighs maybe 160. It was a fair race and he admitted defeat and was impressed with the car.

im kinda new so is this the turbod sho that came through mighty driveth-ru and was loud as fuck

Lol that would be the one…

Bullspit

^lol

maybe the bike was rolling in 4th?

then i might believe this

thank god theres only one … i dont think i could stay sane while trouble shooting 2 …

and when did it come through ? cause its rather quite since the exhaust got finished like a year ago … lol

well if the kid admitted to losing then he lost and thats it, get a time on that taurus!