ford taurus > yamaha R6

lol I was shocked! I am missing 100hp somewhere when I get back from SC I will find it. That air filter placement was certainly not intended for wet weather driving.

edit and that is 269whp

yea i meant to put 270 lol
here’s your graph too:

Yeah, I saw that graph and then checked this thread for drama.

thanks for posting the graph, now I don’t need to snap a pic of it. The video will be posted soon. It is compiling now.

edit: video link

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/turboSHO-Dyno_696193.htm

:fail:

yeeeaaa… im a bit pissed at that graph.

we also realized on the way home that we never stuck the fans in front of the car, so the intercooler had zero airflow over it. i dont think that helped any

we also have no idea what AFR its at, because the dyno wideband doesnt reach the back of FWD cars

Yea, i have owned a lot of sportbikes . Bad driving on that bike.

all im getting out of this thread is a ton of excuses of why the taurus is’nt as fast as it should be. if those stats willybeen posted are true then a shitty driver should be mid 11’s, i dont see a taurus running that with those hp numbers let alone low 11’s or high 10’s as it was stated the driver of the bike is good. that filter must be dripping water then to lose 100hp. i call bs on this one

i also call bullshit on this
oh and by the way
taurus’s are teh ultimate gay :tdown:

+1 on the :bsflag:

3200lb+ car and 269whp

WEAK!

I guess you failed to watch the video. At any rate that has little to do with it being down on power because a couple pulls dried everything up after the filter was removed. When I get back form my road trip I will get it tuned and get the boost back up where I want it. Like I said the car is not running nearly as well as it once did (previous years). Maybe the rider was fucking with me be he said he was not. I know joes R1 went passed with authority at 120~ but that is a different beast.

I have a buddy with a stock r6. I am sure he is down for a pull.

257 WHP is not pulling an R6 unless its in something like an Areal Atom. I don’t see this happening.

Side note, 257 seems pretty weak IMHO, I would say the car is just weak but didn’t someone have an NA taurus around that put down like 250? How does a 3.xL motor with a turbo only put down 257? What size is that compressor?

easy the car is not running right. a couple years ago I ran right next to ugososlow in his corvett, it beat 05orangess’s stage 3 cobalt (i think it was stage 3).